Sublime Forum

Dev Build 2099

Thanks as always for the steady stream of releases and for listening to our feedback. The use of the glyphs in the Find panel tooltips is much appreciated.

I found two problems in 2099:

1. When I bring up the Find and Replace panel (super+alt+f), there are blinking cursors in both the find and replace fields, but only the find field has focus.

2. Unindent is broken with multiple lines. Here are screenshots of before and after.

Thanks,

• Aparajita
0 Likes

As I knew it would, the bug was fixed in a day. Buying today.

Also, Tomorrow is my new theme (thanks, whoever posted that!). Espresso Tutti was my last, and is an all-time classic.

0 Likes

Thanks, it looks fixed. And my css is finally colored ‘correctly’ :smile: I was always too lazy to fix up my theme for sublime, but now I don’t have to. It looks a million times better.

0 Likes

Found another bug to do with indenting: screencast.com/t/TjknhgYXV

0 Likes

Please don’t post videos videos, unless they’re about an animation related issue.

0 Likes

Can you explain why not? I find screencasts help show exactly what is going on. Ever heard the expression, a picture is worth a thousand words? Well I find a “videos videos” is worth a million. Count me out of reporting any more bugs or submitting patches to plugins if that’s the response I get back.

0 Likes

[quote=“ceej”]

Can you explain why not? I find screencasts help show exactly what is going on. Ever heard the expression, a picture is worth a thousand words? Well I find a “videos videos” is worth a million. Count me out of reporting any more bugs or submitting patches to plugins if that’s the response I get back.[/quote]

I’m not sure why you’re getting so hostile toward Jon. He just doesn’t like having to decipher what’s going on in videos (what the user is doing, what is the expected behavior, etc.). It makes his job easier if you transcribe the issue without leaving everything up to him for interpretation. I see no reason why you should take this harshly. Sorry if I missed something. @jps, keep out the good work. I love st2.

0 Likes

[quote=“C0D312”]

Can you explain why not? I find screencasts help show exactly what is going on. Ever heard the expression, a picture is worth a thousand words? Well I find a “videos videos” is worth a million. Count me out of reporting any more bugs or submitting patches to plugins if that’s the response I get back.

I’m not sure why you’re getting so hostile toward Jon. He just doesn’t like having to decipher what’s going on in videos (what the user is doing, what is the expected behavior, etc.). It makes his job easier if you transcribe the issue without leaving everything up to him for interpretation. I see no reason why you should take this harshly. Sorry if I missed something. @jps, keep out the good work. I love st2.[/quote]

I wasn’t meaning to sound hostile, just a little annoyed at how brash he was when I don’t have to take the time out of my day to report things. If he put it how you did, I would have understood completely. If you look at my other posts i’m always giving him praise for the quick updates, which is something a of people don’t take the time to do either.

0 Likes

@ceej I agree with Jon here, actually. A lot of people have been posting videos and screencasts recently to report errors and it is quite annoying. I think that explaining what is going wrong and providing him with a way to reproduce it is much more effective than sending some cryptic video. If you aren’t able to put your problem into words and provide a way to reproduce it, how can you expect Jon to be able to fix it? Videos only make sense when you need to show an issue related to animation in Sublime, for example the sliding in of files in the sidebar. There aren’t many aspects of sublime that would require a video to explain. That said, videos can be very useful to show off the features of Sublime to a new user.

Even though you “don’t have to take the time out of [your] day to report things”, you are using a beta version of the software and you are part of the Sublime community. Most applications have strict rules regarding how to report bugs, but Jon is pretty flexible. Maybe try to meet him half way. Having to decipher some random screencast only wastes valuable time that could be put to better use making Sublime even better :smile:

0 Likes

[quote=“jbjornson”]@ceej I agree with Jon here, actually. A lot of people have been posting videos and screencasts recently to report errors and it is quite annoying. I think that explaining what is going wrong and providing him with a way to reproduce it is much more effective than sending some cryptic video. If you aren’t able to put your problem into words and provide a way to reproduce it, how can you expect Jon to be able to fix it? Videos only make sense when you need to show an issue related to animation in Sublime, for example the sliding in of files in the sidebar. There aren’t many aspects of sublime that would require a video to explain. That said, videos can be very useful to show off the features of Sublime to a new user.

Even though you “don’t have to take the time out of [your] day to report things”, you are using a beta version of the software and you are part of the Sublime community. Most applications have strict rules regarding how to report bugs, but Jon is pretty flexible. Maybe try to meet him half way. Having to decipher some random screencast only wastes valuable time that could be put to better use making Sublime even better :smile:[/quote]

I don’t think you read my last post.

0 Likes