No problems with smooth scrolling on my end, works perfect!
Also, I’ve dug up some things involving that odd font rendering issue. From what I can tell it’s fixed now, though I don’t think it was anything in this version that fixed it as I managed to fix it in 2053 as well after playing around with what I discovered.
It seems to be tied to tmLanguage.cache files and having an updated version of an official package in the user packages directory without deleting the official package.
I updated the PHP syntax and made a personal (valid) update and instead of overwriting the official package in /Packages I just stuck it in a PHP folder in /Packages/User. Now I knew there were some quirks with this as in view > syntax there are 2 PHP entries and when a PHP file is open they are both checked, but I didn’t want to overwrite the official package and have my update get overwritten at some point.
I tracked the character rendering glitch down to seemingly random characters at first. Before that the only thing I could ever track down as the cause was having a background color for comments set in a theme.
I ended up deleting both cache files the one in /Packages/PHP and in /Packages/User/PHP, and then moved the user PHP package to a temporary location where Sublime wouldn’t touch it. I launched Sublime, the bug was still there. I deleted the cache file again, closed and relaunched a few times and the issue was fixed. Then I copied the user PHP package back, launched Sublime and the issue was still fixed. I also verified that it wasn’t something with the user PHP package as I moved the official PHP package to a temporary location and did the same things above when I had moved the user PHP package and it then worked fine as well.
It seems to come down to some quirks from putting an updated language syntax in the user packages directory without deleting the official package and the resulting .tmLanguage.cache files.
Sorry for that being a bunch of mess, but I have no idea what exactly fixed it so I figured I’d just describe everything I did and maybe it would help track down what was causing the issue.