Sublime Forum

Current development status

:open_mouth: We have a creed?!

This canā€™t possibly be coming out of the mouth of a real developerā€¦have you ever used a piece of software before? If this was true, you must have a computer with nothing installed on it.

0 Likes

[quote=ā€œfacelessuserā€]

:open_mouth: We have a creed?!

This canā€™t possibly be coming out of the mouth of a real developerā€¦have you ever used a piece of software before? If this was true, you must have a computer with nothing installed on it.[/quote]

Unfortunately, far too many programmers see the world entirely in black and white. On the other hand, some donā€™t see irony.

0 Likes

[quote=ā€œbobefā€]

This completely ignores the programmersā€™ creed:

If it isnā€™t perfect, itā€™s useless.
If I might have to stop using it sometime in the future, I should stop using it now. (see ā€œdeprecatedā€).

Sounds like bullshit creed to me. Apply this to your self. If you arenā€™t perfect you are useless. If you will die sometime in the future, you should die now. Then you can see it is untrue bullshit.[/quote]

You saw the implications, but missed the point. Donā€™t take things so seriously.

0 Likes

[quote=ā€œpete340ā€]This completely ignores the programmersā€™ creed:

If it isnā€™t perfect, itā€™s useless.
If I might have to stop using it sometime in the future, I should stop using it now. (see ā€œdeprecatedā€).[/quote]

Canā€™t tell if this was all a joke I missed or notā€¦

Internet needs to develop sarcasm tagsā€¦

0 Likes

[quote=ā€œpete340ā€]
Unfortunately, far too many programmers see the world entirely in black and white. On the other hand, some donā€™t see irony. [/quote]

thereā€™s so many idiots out there itā€™s hard to tell whoā€™s a genuine idiot and whoā€™s ā€˜ironyzingā€™.

perhaps if you added a smiley it would be easier to tell?! :bulb:

0 Likes

[quote=ā€œmoontanā€]

[quote=ā€œpete340ā€]
Unfortunately, far too many programmers see the world entirely in black and white. On the other hand, some donā€™t see irony. [/quote]

thereā€™s so many idiots out there itā€™s hard to tell whoā€™s a genuine idiot and whoā€™s ā€˜ironyzingā€™.

perhaps if you added a smiley it would be easier to tell?! :bulb:[/quote]

You hit the mail on the head sir.

I have found over exaggeration and/or smilies to help make clear a joke. I assume idiot if I am expected to read minds to tell if a joke is made. I also assume idiot when condescending remarks are made to tell me I didnā€™t get a jokeā€¦ Just say "I meant it as a joke ā€. Is that so hard?

0 Likes

[quote=ā€œfacelessuserā€]

[quote=ā€œmoontanā€]

perhaps if you added a smiley it would be easier to tell?! :bulb:

You hit the mail on the head sir.

I have found over exaggeration and/or smilies to help make clear a joke. I assume idiot if I am expected to read minds to tell if a joke is made. I also assume idiot when condescending remarks are made to tell me I didnā€™t get a jokeā€¦ Just say "I meant it as a joke ā€. Is that so hard?[/quote]

You post a deliberate and baseless insult, then you complain about getting what you call a condescending reply? Donā€™t take yourself so seriously.

0 Likes

Iā€™ll give you the ā€œreal developerā€ remark may have been a bit much in retrospect; but I feel the rest was at an appropriate level considering the remark (without context). I can see with the ā€œreal developerā€ remark, the intro seems less playful and more personal, so Iā€™ll call us even. I cannot read your intent any better than you can read mine. Iā€™m not one to go around picking fights on forums, life is too short.

0 Likes

double post

0 Likes

double double post

0 Likes

double double double post

0 Likes

double double double double post

0 Likes

double double double double double post

0 Likes

Holy excessive posting batman. Sublime was having some trouble so I tried to post a couple of timesā€¦

0 Likes

You should have:

double post
double double post

:mrgreen:

0 Likes

[quote=ā€œiamntzā€]You should have:

double post
double double post

:mrgreen:[/quote]

Ha. I should go back and do that :smiley: .

0 Likes

anyway,

this whole thread encouraged me to do the right thing and i purchased ST this morning.

at first glance, it seems expensive but i paid more than that for HTML editors in the past.
i played with Brackets a bit but i like ST a lot more.

0 Likes

@pete340 Taking a couple of days, I realize I was indeed the one being an idiot (the irony is not lost on me with this one), and I misinterpreted your response.

It is pretty clear to me now you were explaining your joke and not directing anything at me (not sure how I missed this). Clearly I was in a bad mood and did not process things correctly.

0 Likes

[quote=ā€œfacelessuserā€]@pete340 Taking a couple of days, I realize I was indeed the one being an idiot (the irony is not lost on me with this one), and I misinterpreted your response.

It is pretty clear to me now you were explaining your joke and not directing anything at me (not sure how I missed this). Clearly I was in a bad mood and did not process things correctly.[/quote]

Iā€™ve had days like that, too. Hopefully, not too many of themā€¦

0 Likes