Sublime Forum

CSS not being registered on my browsers! :(

Hi,

Iā€™m having a big issueā€¦
My computer is not registering the CSS that I write in Sublime. I tried in all my browsers (Chrome, FF, Safari) and itā€™s the same. All my HTML changes appear when I reload my pages but none on the CSS modifications are being ā€œprocessedā€.
I recently caught some malware and threw a whole bunch of files in trash to clean up my hard drive. Iā€™m worried there is a plugin or an app necessary for text editor to function that I probably got rid of by mistake. I called Apple and they havenā€™t be able to find the issue.
Does anybody know what it could be?
Thanks in advance.

0 Likes

Doesnā€™t sound like this is related to Sublime Text at all. You should verify the contents of the CSS file using ā€œcatā€ command or some other editor. If it looks fine, I guess the problem is somewhere else.

You could use the Dev tools/Inspector of your browser and look which CSS file is actually being used when rendering the page. You can see the contents easily.

0 Likes

Thanks for your reply.
Yes the problem is somewhere else but I donā€™t know how to target it. It looks the connection between my browsers and my text editor is not being made properly. I clearly deleted an extension or a plugin that processes CSS. I donā€™t know where to lookā€¦

0 Likes

Are you sure youā€™re loading the CSS in your HTML? Maybe you made a mistake with your path: have a look in the console, an error will be logged if you pointed to an unexisting file

0 Likes

I made a mistake in my pathā€¦ indeed. Got frustrated and couldnā€™t see it.
Thank you both for getting back to me.
Happy coding!

0 Likes

Just to clarify, there should be no special ā€œconnectionā€ between the browser and Sublime Text. CSS file is just a text file which the browser reads if it is found based on the path defined in the HTML file. And you definitely canā€™t delete the CSS reading capability out of a modern browser :smiley:

But glad you resolved it! I suggest reading some basic HTML+CSS tutorials to get hang of it.

0 Likes

Yes! I will definitely follow your advice. :wink: Thanks!

0 Likes