Sublime Forum

Create a sublime theme

Who can tell exactly what I need to know to create a theme for sublime text 3? Do I need python? I can work with html, css, js.

0 Likes

Quick question, do you mean a theme or just a color scheme? the reason I ask is that color schemes share TextMate’s poorly named .tmTheme extension, so it can be very confusing.

0 Likes

Existing .sublime-theme and .tmTheme provides easy json and xml settings. What if I want to customize something that is not included in settings? :slightly_smiling:

0 Likes

I highly recommend looking at the awesomely customizable Boxy Theme to see how you can create your own setting keys for anything you want to be customizable.

1 Like

on a high level view, we need a decent documentation of what is available and what is not so its easier for anyone to make his own theme

0 Likes

@BorisHere If you understand russian language, see sublime-theme and tmTheme files of my theme. I wrote a commentary on the Russian to each parameter.

I also wrote a lot of instruction in English about themes and schemes in README.MD file of my theme.

Thanks.

0 Likes

СПАСЫБА :smiley: посмотрю

0 Likes

Instead of using either Material Theme or Boxy Theme I would highly recommend using gruvbox as template and adjusting it to your needs.

I have found it to be much easier to work with, at least on Windows where the other two would first require a 4GB download of Python and C++ developer tools and a PackageDev dependency on top of the node / npm / gulp stuff.

That’s my opinion. Whatever works for you.

0 Likes