Sublime Forum

Copy Paste multiple lines inbetween lines?

One line works
copy:select + ctrl+shift+l + ctrl+c

Paste:ctrl+click to select space between text then ctrl+v
text

text

text

text

how?Copy Paste multiple lines in between text like this?!

paste:

text
text
text
text

is this possible?!

2 Likes

##This solution assumes 2 things:

[1]

You have this setting in your Preferences.sublime-settings:

"trim_trailing_white_space_on_save": true,

OR

You have manually removed trailing whitespace with something like Trimmer.

[2]

You have the following key-binding @ your appropriate sublime-keymap file:

{
		"keys": ["ctrl+shift+alt+g"],
		"command": "expand_selection_to_paragraph"
	},

Note:

Use GIF Speed Changer if you want to slow down the GIF demo.

3 Likes

Also, I saw a cool post on StackOverflow earlier about using capturing groups to reorder text.

I hadn’t worked with capturing groups within RegEx patterns before, so I figured I’d give it a shot as an alternative solution for your post.

You can use this pattern to match the text groups in your example:

(\d\n)+?(?!\1)

0 Likes

@fico, I’m sorry, what plugin that displays on-screen button, which you press? Thank you.

0 Likes

@Sasha_Chernykh

It’s actually not a plug-in, but rather a screencast key-logger I’m working on.

That version is just a script written in AutoHotkey, but I intend to rewrite it in C# and add some additional features so I can release it for Windows. I don’t have any Mac hardware at the moment, but I’m sure I’ll port it to OSX at some point also.

2 Likes

@fico, when users have to wait when you rewrite a script for Windows :slightly_smiling:?

0 Likes

Honestly, it might be a while. I’m starting to work through this Android curriculum that I just put together, so it will probably be a while before I get back to my Sublime Text & Windows projects. I’m sure I’ll get tired of all Android, all the time though, so maybe I’ll take some breaks in between & try to wrap up some projects.

I’ll definitely post @ #general-discussion when it’s done though, since it’s relevant to plugin authors that create visual demos.

1 Like

@fico, all right. Where can I download version of the script, which is shown on your gif? Thanks.

0 Likes

I won’t post my script, since I plan on monetizing the release ( probably will offer free & pro versions ), but here is the original script that I used as a base:

[Script] KeypressOSD - Display key press on screen

1 Like

hello, very nice !!

it needs to be noted that you need to select the exact number of lines that you are about to paste. if you have copied 4 lines of code and you want to insert it into 5 positions, it will not work.

thank you

0 Likes