Sublime Forum

Congrats on the new forum

:heart_eyes:

Looking forward to new releases!!! :smiling_imp:

22 Likes

It’s about time! New forum was much needed.

3 Likes

Very happy with Discourse :grinning:

2 Likes

awesome =) thanks a lot

0 Likes

We did it, reddit ST community!

It doesn’t seem to load for my mobile. I figured Jon might want to put up a meta thread regarding forum feedback before complaining though.

Edit: works now

0 Likes

Much better. Like all, looking forward to future ST development :slightly_smiling:

0 Likes

I guess this also responds to the question „is the project dead?” :slightly_smiling:

1 Like

Wow! This is so much better than the previous forum look.
It’s not just the look, it is more responsive and faster.

:heart_eyes:

1 Like

Seeing the sad state of ST(3), I’ve moved to Atom, but the new forum brings hope that we are going to hear better news in regard to ST3 and then I’ll jump quickly to it and register as well since I’m always in favor of desktop vs web apps. :wink:

0 Likes

This is great! Really excited for this forum community to bounce back :slight_smile:

1 Like

So glad you went with Discourse, love it.

0 Likes

Am I the only person in the world that dislikes Discourse? Oh well, I’ll get used to it.

2 Likes

I’m pretty sure that most replies here are “oh update!” not “oh Discourse!” :slightly_smiling:
Anyway, it’s an improvement, isn’t it?

0 Likes

I think this is big step forward. While I would like to see new ST builds, I will take the improve forum. I hope it does not go down as often as the old forum.

Do we know if notifications are being set when someone responses to a thread, or are notifications still disabled as they were in the old system?

0 Likes

0 Likes

Hey guys,

Hope you enjoy the update as much as I am! Moderation will be easier, that’s for sure :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Oh, great. A forum that doesn’t work without JavaScript anymore. Thanks for making it impossible to use for disabled people.

0 Likes

That would be a good reason to enable posting via email and using forums within one mailer - see my post.

1 Like

Oh, also the forum e-mail notifications are broken now. No current mail client can read Markdown …

0 Likes

Markdown is designed to be mostly human readable. If you’d like to see the rendered format, you can read the notifications via an email client with HTML.

Alternatively you can check for updates using RSS and disable email notifications. Or come check the forum occasionally and look at your Unread section.

In short, you have various options.

Is Discourse perfect? No. However, it improves things for a large number of users. Hopefully in the grand scheme of things you can accept the shortcomings and instead focus on the positives.

4 Likes