Sublime Forum

[SOLVED] Command palette and autocomplete suggestions disappear when any key is pressed

Sublime Text 3 Build 3143
Ubuntu 16.04

Since yesterday, the command palette and the autocomplete suggestions disappear immediately whenever I press any key. Even keys like Shift, Ctrl etc. that do not enter any text. I can only interact with them using the mouse. This also affects palettes shown by packages, such as the LatexTools palette for inserting citations. Goto Anything and the project switcher are not affected.

I have tried disabling almost all packages, except for the theme and Package Control, and restarting Sublime Text. I have tried re-installing Sublime Text through the package manager. I have tried deleting $HOME/.config/sublime-text-3. I am out of Ideas.

Does anybody have any Idea how I could get to the root of the problem?

0 Likes

Maybe try turning on input and command logging in ST, and seeing what gets printed to the console when you press a key and the quick panels get hidden. View menu -> Show Console:

sublime.log_commands(True)
sublime.log_input(True)

but the fact that it happens even if you only press a modifier key (which can’t have a key binding assigned in ST) and in a clean state would suggest the problem is somewhere external to ST - maybe ST loses the window focus when you press something (even if it is only temporary) and thus causes the quick panel to be hidden…

0 Likes

It seems the problem was related to OS keyboard shortcuts. I had recently changed my shortcut for showing the HUD in Ubuntu Unity. Apparently the combination I chose was less then Ideal. It’s still weird that it would snatch up any key press, not just the ones that define the actual shortcut, and that it would not affect the GoTo Anything panel.

0 Likes