Sublime Forum

Command line development tools

I am using a Macbook Pro, Sublime Text, and Sublime Merge to push to GitHub. As of this morning it won’t push. It says that I need to install command line developer tools. I followed the prompts to install those and restarted my computer – but it will not push and I keep getting the same message that I need to install the tools. I have tried to follow the prompt to download again and it takes a few minutes to download them, but I still can’t push and I still get the popup that I need to install the tools. I don’t know why it has picked today to do this to me… I can’t see anybody else having the same or similar problem…

1 Like

Are you using the system or the bundled git for Sublime Merge? Can you push from the command line?

0 Likes

If I understand the question correctly I think I am using bundled GIT with the Merge GUI.
However, you have reminded me… I got a prompt this morning to accept the end user lisence agreement from the command line. I Googled… Then tried typing into Terminal:
sudo xcodebuild -license – and got a lot of text. Then I tried typing into Terminal: sudo xcodebuild -lisense accept and it seemed okay… But now I just keep getting the message that I need to install the command line developer tools in a pop up box and when I try and accept that via pop up it takes minutes to download and still won’t push. Will only give me the GUI pop up box when I try.

accept

0 Likes

G’day @kells,

Thanks for reaching out and sorry to hear you’re experiencing this issue!
I’ll be looking into this further.

Could you confirm the following:

• Does starting Sublime Merge via safe mode resolve the issue?
    1. Close Sublime Merge completely via the Quit menu item.
    2. Once Sublime Merge has closed, hold the option key on the keyboard and start Sublime Merge.
    3. You should see a prompt appear indicating that Sublime Merge has been started in Safe Mode.
  • Could you share your Sublime Merge debug information
    1. Open Sublime Merge
    2. Open a repository
    3. Via the application menu, select Help > Debug Information
    4. Before sharing this, please redact any information you feel is sensitive such as paths, Git user info, remote URLs etc

Thanks,
- Dylan from Sublime HQ

0 Likes

I have the same problem now when I tried to do a pull request. I do not know when this occured, it worked fine last time I did this some weeks ago.

I started Sublime Merge in safe mode and added a repository. Cloning it produced this error message (xcode command line tools is installed):

2022-09-17 13:49:53.637 xcodebuild[4619:51384] [MT] DVTPlugInLoading: Failed to load code for plug-in com.apple.dt.IDESimulatorAvailability (/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/PlugIns/IDESimulatorAvailability.ideplugin), error = Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=3588 "dlopen(/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/PlugIns/IDESimulatorAvailability.ideplugin/Contents/MacOS/IDESimulatorAvailability, 0x0109): Symbol not found: (OBJC_CLASS$_SimDiskImage)

Referenced from: '/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/PlugIns/IDESimulatorAvailability.ideplugin/Contents/MacOS/IDESimulatorAvailability’

Expected in: ‘/Library/Developer/PrivateFrameworks/CoreSimulator.framework/Versions/A/CoreSimulator’" UserInfo={NSLocalizedFailureReason=The bundle couldn’t be loaded., NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion=Try reinstalling the bundle., NSFilePath=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/PlugIns/IDESimulatorAvailability.ideplugin/Contents/MacOS/IDESimulatorAvailability, NSDebugDescription=dlopen(/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/PlugIns/IDESimulatorAvailability.ideplugin/Contents/MacOS/IDESimulatorAvailability, 0x0109): Symbol not found: (OBJC_CLASS$_SimDiskImage)

Referenced from: '/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/PlugIns/IDESimulatorAvailability.ideplugin/Contents/MacOS/IDESimulatorAvailability’

Expected in: ‘/Library/Developer/PrivateFrameworks/CoreSimulator.framework/Versions/A/CoreSimulator’, NSBundlePath=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/PlugIns/IDESimulatorAvailability.ideplugin, NSLocalizedDescription=The bundle “IDESimulatorAvailability” couldn’t be loaded.}, dyldError = dlopen(/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/PlugIns/IDESimulatorAvailability.ideplugin/Contents/MacOS/IDESimulatorAvailability, 0x0000): Symbol not found: (OBJC_CLASS$_SimDiskImage)

Expected in: '/Library/Developer/PrivateFrameworks/CoreSimulator.framework/Versions/A/CoreSimulator’

2022-09-17 13:49:53.689 xcodebuild[4619:51384] [MT] DVTAssertions: ASSERTION FAILURE in /System/Volumes/Data/SWE/Apps/DT/BuildRoots/BuildRoot2/ActiveBuildRoot/Library/Caches/com.apple.xbs/Sources/DVTFrameworks/DVTFrameworks-21303/DVTFoundation/PlugInArchitecture/DataModel/DVTPlugIn.m:374

Details: Failed to load code for plug-in com.apple.dt.IDESimulatorAvailability (/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/PlugIns/IDESimulatorAvailability.ideplugin)

Please ensure Xcode packages are up-to-date — try running ‘xcodebuild -runFirstLaunch’.

NSBundle error: Error Domain=NSCocoaErrorDomain Code=3588 "dlopen(/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/PlugIns/IDESimulatorAvailability.ideplugin/Contents/MacOS/IDESimulatorAvailability, 0x0109): Symbol not found: (OBJC_CLASS$_SimDiskImage)

Expected in: ‘/Library/Developer/PrivateFrameworks/CoreSimulator.framework/Versions/A/CoreSimulator’" UserInfo={NSLocalizedFailureReason=The bundle couldn’t be loaded., NSLocalizedRecoverySuggestion=Try reinstalling the bundle., NSFilePath=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/PlugIns/IDESimulatorAvailability.ideplugin/Contents/MacOS/IDESimulatorAvailability, NSDebugDescription=dlopen(/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/PlugIns/IDESimulatorAvailability.ideplugin/Contents/MacOS/IDESimulatorAvailability, 0x0109): Symbol not found: (OBJC_CLASS$_SimDiskImage)

Expected in: ‘/Library/Developer/PrivateFrameworks/CoreSimulator.framework/Versions/A/CoreSimulator’, NSBundlePath=/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/PlugIns/IDESimulatorAvailability.ideplugin, NSLocalizedDescription=The bundle “IDESimulatorAvailability” couldn’t be loaded.}

Object: <DVTPlugIn: 0x600002f32bc0>

Method: -loadAssertingOnError:error:

Thread: <_NSMainThread: 0x600000b7c480>{number = 1, name = main}

Hints:

Backtrace:

0 0x000000010fa7af81

1 0x000000010fa7a4b5

2 0x000000010fa7a6c1

3 0x000000010f8f13ba

4 0x000000010f8acc73

5 0x000000010f8aaa1f

6 0x00007ff810f10317

7 0x00007ff810f1d7ee

8 0x000000010fac95a1

9 0x000000010fa9f0d8

10 0x000000010f8aa8a3

11 0x000000010f8aaaf5

12 0x000000011098ff66

13 0x000000011098f526

14 0x000000011098e919

15 0x000000010e3179a4

16 0x000000010e09a20a

sh: line 1: 4621 Abort trap: 6 /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/xcodebuild -sdk /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk -find git 2> /dev/null

git: error: sh -c ‘/Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/usr/bin/xcodebuild -sdk /Applications/Xcode.app/Contents/Developer/Platforms/MacOSX.platform/Developer/SDKs/MacOSX.sdk -find git 2> /dev/null’ failed with exit code 34304: (null) (errno=Invalid argument)

xcode-select: Failed to locate ‘git’, requesting installation of command line developer tools.

git failed with exit code 72

0 Likes

I had the same problem on macOS just running command line tools. Seems to be something Apple screwed up for everyone. Running the suggested command worked for me: xcodebuild -runFirstLaunch.

2 Likes

Thanks! That solved the problem.

0 Likes

Thanks for suggestions. The first solution I tried was: xcodebuild -runFirstLaunch and that seems to have solved the problem.

0 Likes