Sublime Forum

Command Palette not smart any more

I’m on a fresh install of sublime, build 3184, and the command palette is no longer being smart about which options.

For instance, by far one of my most frequently used commands is Git: Add Current File but it now requires me to type out gitadcu before it will even select it. On my build 3176 on my laptop this is successfully selected by gita. Those three extra letters are killing me! :wink:

This is generally true of all options in the command palette, however. I feel like it is not learning what commands I use whereas it did that for 3176 and previous. I feel like I have also raised a similar issue before, which was subsequently fixed, but can’t seem to find that.

0 Likes

Apparently it’s smart enough to fix itself once I complain in the forums as this is suddenly not a problem. Maybe took a certain number of uses before it kicked in? Aren’t computers magic like that? :smirk:

Anyway, doesn’t look to be a problem.

0 Likes

If it helps, I believe what teaches it the shortcuts you use is what command you select in response to any given filter text. As such you might have fixed it by entering the shortcut that you normally use and then manually selecting the appropriate command when it didn’t work. :slight_smile:

0 Likes

Ah, interesting. Thanks!

0 Likes

I can somewhat confirm this, the JSON path of settings -> new_window_settings -> command_palette -> selected_items in your session contains these details. Also, Sublime Merge does the same thing in the Select Repository window and session data (under select_repository -> selected_items).

0 Likes