• Plugin ver.: 2.1.0
  • Install via PC: True
  • mdpopups ver.: 1.9.1
  • markdown ver.: 2.6.6
  • pygments ver.: 2.1a0
  • jinja2 ver.: 2.8

in the console after running Package Control: Satisfy Dependencies:

Package Control: All dependencies have been satisfied

lies! I guess if this is going to be a common occurrence, you might want to take a look at the Package Control code @facelessuser and fix it once and for all :wink:

0 Likes

I’ve resolved a few PC issues recently, and have a few related to dependencies (including looking into why upgrades aren’t happening) left before I cut the next beta.

3 Likes

Man, I don’t have time for that :slightly_smiling:.

Even easier, I’m just going to start telling people to remove mdpopups, then run Satisfy Dependencies. It will update for sure then :slightly_smiling:. But it looks like @wbond is on it.

1 Like

@facelessuser and @Equinusocio
I wrote to you both since I’m sure which one is the right man for the job :slightly_smiling:

I used pretty extensively CH with my fav theme (Material Theme, ofc) and now I’m wondering if it is possibile to modify a behavior that seems hard coded.

The color thumb appears just before the color name/code, e.g.:

when you modify a color this sort of visual glitch happens:

Not a big deal but it annoys your visual focus on the string you are currently writing, I believe it would be better if the thumb appears after the color code.

I guess it depends on the actual CSS of the phantoms which is chosen in part by CH and in part by MT (as you wrote before in the thread) but I’m pretty noobish about sublime plugin/themes so… is there a way for me to change the position of the thumbs or it is something that depends on some changes to the packages?

1 Like

@kaosmos, the position of the preview is not related to CSS, but is a hard coded choice I made in the ColorHelper code. I think when I first did it, I had it after, but now I do it before. Currently I only offer the default display of the preview.

0 Likes

@facelessuser thank you for the very fast answer!
I think it is slightly better (usability-wise) to have it after but (of course) I can absolutely cope with it.
Just in case I take some time to study and I change it, do you accept pull requests on this kind of things?

0 Likes

The problem is that some like it before and some like it after. I either need to support both, or one way. I like the current method because the color is actually within the text region containing the color text and simplifies logic. Putting it after places it outside the text region of the color. I also like that in situations where you have multiple color keys, regardless of the whether you use rgb or hex or whatever, the previews line up nicely.

It is really a personal preference thing. I’m certain there are convincing arguments to do it either way. The question is more, do I want to support multiple ways, and I am not sure if I do or not.

0 Likes

I see your points and fully understand them.
But still I’m hoping that you change your mind about it :wink:

0 Likes

Well, I haven’t said no ;).

1 Like

I am regularly running into problems like this. The color phantom gets doubled. In the last line, some of the phantoms are still showing the previous color. Still trying to pin down when exactly it happens but already wanted to mention it. My infos are below.

• ST ver.: 3120
  • Platform: osx
  • Arch: x64
  • Plugin ver.: 2.1.1
  • Install via PC: True
  • mdpopups ver.: 1.10.0
  • markdown ver.: 2.6.4
  • pygments ver.: 2.1a0
  • jinja2 ver.: 2.8
1 Like

I have actually seen this on rare occasions. I haven’t yet pinned it down yet. I am not a web developer, so I don’t use ColorHelper as much as web developers, so I imagine they have seen this issue more than me.

But I am aware. I imagine it is some kind of race condition.

0 Likes

Yes, pleasy fix the bug which posted by @greg_hoch
I spend daily 8-12h in Sublime Text, and this bug is really iannoying…

0 Likes

Yes, pleasy fix the bug which posted by @greg_hoch
I spend daily 8-12h in Sublime Text, and this bug is really iannoying…

Yeah, well, when I get time, I will look into it. I am a busy man. It is on my list though.

0 Likes

If anyone can come up with an easy way to force a view into this weird state that causes colors to double, let me know. The one thing keeping me from fixing this is reproducing the issue. I have seen it, but being unable to easily force the issue, it makes it hard for me to keep the bug going long enough to figure out what is causing it.

0 Likes

Very much appreciate the time you spent with this (and all the other ST3 stuff)!

I run into the problem a lot but haven’t been able to pin it down and it doesn’t seem to be easy. I will try to be more focused. Might take a little though because it always depends on what I am working on. Will certainly post here.

0 Likes

Thanks! I’ve been having difficulties reproducing it myself as well, but I have seen it. Not sure yet how it loses track of some of the phantoms. Maybe sublime stops finding them, or maybe I lose track somehow, or maybe there is some race condition. It’s just tough to tell since it is so hard forcing the issue. As soon as I add debug code, it fixes itself.

0 Likes

problem solved, keep the debug code in :wink:

1 Like

Changing the code causes everything to reload changing the situation but doesn’t fix the issue. It’s like when you restart sublime, the issue may not be seen, but eventually it shows back up. I just need a way to reliably initiate the issue, that way I can also confirm I’ve fixed it.

0 Likes

@kingkeith, I realize it was a joke, but I need to respond simply because some people don’t catch on :wink:.

5 Likes

With 3121 the extra padding existed in previous version is gone, but I’m seeing this huge square.
I’m on Windows and I have a UHD screen, not sure if it’s relevant.

And when I hover…

Also, all the links are not clickable, i.e. I can’t convert between colors.

0 Likes