Sublime Forum

Changing fonts for menus and status bar and sidebar

HI – new to Sublime Text. Figured out how to change the font in the editor tabs. How can I change the fonts used in the sidebar and status area too?

Oh, and the menus as well, please!

Found this older post: font sizes

but no matter how I looked I could not find a sublime-package file that had my current theme (Monokai, the default I think) in it.

FWIW in my (I’m on WIndows) appdata directory.I have these files:

“C:\Users\Jerry\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 3\Installed Packages\Package Control.sublime-package”
“C:\Users\Jerry\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 3\Packages\User\Package Control.sublime-settings”
“C:\Users\Jerry\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 3\Packages\SublimeREPL.no-sublime-package”
“C:\Users\Jerry\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 3\Packages\Anaconda.no-sublime-package”
“C:\Users\Jerry\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 3\Backup\20160830143712\Anaconda.no-sublime-package”
“C:\Users\Jerry\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 3\Backup\20160829184206\Anaconda.no-sublime-package”
“C:\Users\Jerry\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 3\Installed Packages\0_package_control_loader.sublime-package”

and only those files matching sublime-package.

So, where oh where is my Monokai theme? It’s almost perfect for me except for the fontsizes in the menus and status area and open files sidebar

0 Likes

The locations you listed above only contains the packages that you installed locally; it doesn’t include the packages that ship with Sublime, which are stored in a different place (more info here).

What you’re looking for is thus classified as a Shipped Package and is contained in a package named Color Scheme - Default.

If you don’t already use it, I would recommend PackageResourceViewer as an awesome helper plugin for browsing, viewing and modifying the contents of packages without having to worry about where they’re actually stored.

Using it, if you open a resource from a sublime-package file and then save it, it will automatically create an override for you in your local package directory, which saves a lot of effort.

2 Likes