Sublime Forum

Change tab-close behaviour: Right not left

The recent sublime text 3 update, changes tab close behaviour, active tab now moves to the left rather than last one used. That’s great, but is it possible to change this so that it moves to the right instead, just as chrome does?

Similar old question here, and I also often end up closing lots of tabs moving through them quickly, but I typically start with the leftmost one:
viewtopic.php?f=3&t=6324&p=27469&hilit=tab+close+behaviour#p27469

Best regards, Alex

0 Likes

Behaviour after closing a tab and placement of close button

+1. I’m pretty annoyed by this change, because it was just changed but not made configurable at the same time. Ideally this should be, options being left, right and last used.

Was the old behaviour really last used? Or right? I guess I’ve already forgot, but I’m still not used current behaviour and probably will never get used, since it the opposite way to Chrome and many others.

0 Likes

You can give TabsExtra a try github.com/facelessuser/TabsExtra.

It is a plugin I have been working on to deal with tabs better. It is in Beta. It overrides all the close commands except for close_file and when you press the X button on a tab (I cannot physically override the tab button command). It will keep the active tab focused unless you delete it, and then it will default to left or right depending on your user settings.

It also adds “close tabs to left” and “close all” (all tabs in group). You can install an override menu to make these new commands be grouped with the default ones.

It also allows you to make tabs sticky, and then you can close all but the sticky tabs.

Just read the README on the repo page for all the info. If you give it a try and find bugs, just file them on the repo. Not sure when I will call it officially done.

0 Likes

^ Great solution (and bit more).

0 Likes

TabsExtra is great. Exception when clicking CTRL+W though: github.com/facelessuser/TabsExtra/issues/9

0 Likes