Sublime Forum

Cannot find latex bib file entries

Hi,

I have been using LatexTools for ages and it seems that it has stopped working. The code is like

\documentclass[a4paper,oneside, final,12pt]{article}
\begin{document}

\bibliography{math}
\bibliographystyle{ieeetr}

\end{document}

where the math.bib file is in the same path as the .tex. It compiles on my work computer fine but not on my home computer. The error is that:
LaTeX Warning: Citation `green2015islands’ on page 3 undefined on input line 39.
LaTeX Warning: There were undefined references.

For some reason it is no longer finding the reference file. I have tried to fix it by reinstalling sublime and latex tools etc but get the same error. Any ideas?

Thanks,

Chris

0 Likes

Is there a .blg file generated? Also, which builder are you using?

0 Likes

Thanks for the reply. Yes there is a .bbl .blg .log and the pdf. I’ll check when I get home but I’m pretty sure latextools uses pdflatex. I just built it at work and worked fine. I get the same files but also a .fls.

Chris

0 Likes

The Builder would the LaTeXTools Builder, e.g. “traditional” oder “script”. If you run the from home and the files are not present are these files are also created?

0 Likes

Hi there. Yes the files are created. However if I try to build the tex with the files already there, it won’t build in the sense that the pdf doesn’t update.

0 Likes

The reason I was pointing to the .blg file is that it would show whether the failure was due to the bib file itself or to something from the build process. If you can clear the temporary files (C-l, backspace) and then launch the build and see if the .blg file is regenerated, this would be helpful in determining what is happening. More particularly, if the .blg file is regenerated, but the citations still don’t show, you should check it to see if any errors are reported and fix your bib file accordingly. On the other hand, if the .blg file isn’t regenerated, it would be helpful to have the output from the output panel LaTeXTools shows and from the Sublime Text console (which you can access by selecting View > Show Console).

It’s also possible that deleting the temporary files and running the build will solve the problem by itself.

0 Likes

Hi, sorry for the slow reply.

To clarify, I have already done what you suggest. The exact same files compile perfectly on my work computer, hence something is wrong with my sublime installation at home.

If I clear the temporary files then yes a .blg file is created but the citations still have a warning to say they couldn’t find them, even though I have the exact same setup that DOES work on another computer.

Hence I am still stuck.

Chris

0 Likes

Hi again,

I have just perused the .blg file that you mentioned. It turns out that there is a doubling up of a particular reference mentioned there. It must be that my versions of sublime and/or latextools differ so that one does not error for this while the other one does.

So problem solved finally!

Chris

1 Like

Glad you managed to find that!

0 Likes