Sublime Forum

Build system screwed after upgrade

I unfortunately upgraded to build 3103 after like 1 year.

Im running ST3 on Linux Mint 17, everything was working perflectly up until the upgrade, now with 3103 I cant build/run anything properly anymore

1. CTRL+SHIFT+B doesnt RUN anymore but instead opens a Command Palette (with all my build variants)
  2. CTRL+B doesnt BUILD anymore but instead runs the last chosen things in the Command Palette at point 1

so if I CTRL+SHIFT+B a Command Palette opens with (test/test-RUN/test-CLEAN), if I choose test-CLEAN, from then on CTRL+B (or menu->‘build’) will always run test-CLEAN.

This is clearly a bug IMHO, is there a way to fix it? Thanks

UPDATE: same issue with build 3114

0 Likes

you can just override the keybindings with whatever was in your old build.

0 Likes

I dont want to override anything, I just want Build to Build and not to do the last things chosen from a command palette (which is clearly something that should not happen)

0 Likes

Well you are the first one not to like the new system since it was introduced over a year and a half ago…

0 Likes

OMG this is f** HORRIBLE… thanks for pointing this out…

Is there a way to revert back to the last old build that did not do this thing? or can I make the new version behave as before?

All my build systems are like:

[
    "cmd": ["make","all"],
    "working_dir": "<whatever>",
    "variants": [
        {
            "name": "Run",
            "working_dir": "<whatever>",
            "cmd": ["<path/to/bin/whatever>"]
        }
        {
            "name": "Clean",
            "cmd": ["make","clean"]
        }
    ]
]

I just want ctrl+B to do a “make all” and shift+ctrl+b do a “/path/to/bin/whatever” (that is, the Run variant), is there a way to just have this back? from what I read from the link above, ctrl+b will always do the last build chosen, so if I get it right, shift+ctrl+b needs to be rebound to make it run the “Run” variant, is this right? if so, how can I specify this in my user keybindings?

thanks

0 Likes

{ "keys": ["ctrl+shift+b"], "command": "build", "args": {"variant": "Run"} },
1 Like

thank you, I was actually posting I found it at last but I appreciate your help

0 Likes