Sublime Forum

Build System output render special characters

Hello everyone!
So, I just tried the Build System for my node.js project, I configured a new build system that would execute a code that will invoke one of modules in my project.

Everything works except the build output, it render some kind of special characters such as Backspace and ESC as shown in following picture:

If i execute in command line / terminal, the output wont show me special characters, also some text uses colors in several cases (e.g: green color text on progress message and red color text for error message)

I don’t mind if sublime won’t able to recognize the color text of output, but any idea how to fix the special character issue?
Thanks in advance

0 Likes

https://packagecontrol.io/packages/ANSIescape

0 Likes

Thanks for your reply!
Unfortunately, it’s seems change nothing after I install the package, I already restarted the sublime but it still show me the special character on build output

0 Likes

I guess you need to put "syntax": "Packages/ANSIescape/ANSI.tmLanguage" in your build system :slight_smile:
possibly also "target": "ansi_color_build",

0 Likes

Thanks for your fast reply!
Here my build system file:

{
    "shell_cmd": "npm run start",
    "target": "ansi_color_build",
    "syntax": "Packages/ANSIescape/ANSI.tmLanguage"
}

However, Special character still rendered…

0 Likes

Sorry for doublepost
Okay, so at some point it works, but sometime it’s not, not quite sure how this happen.

But regardless the color text has been transformed or not, backspace character is still rendered

0 Likes