Sublime Forum

Build 3182 unusable on Xubuntu 18.04

As far as I can tell, I’ve not really used build 3182 on Fedora 29 (GNOME), all is well. But on Xubuntu 18.04 just pressing the Ctrl or Alt keys makes Sublime Text crash.

I downgraded to build 3176 and found it worked normally, I upgraded to 3182 again and the crashes resumed. So I’ve reverted back to 3176 for now.

Anyone else affected on Xubuntu or any other Linux distribution using the Xfce desktop?

0 Likes

I use XFCE (4.12), but my I’m running Slackware. I’m not having any crash issues with 3182 with the exception of using the Folder History command from the sidebar on a top level folder. Possibly the problem is related to the version of GTK3 installed?

0 Likes

I have Ubuntu 18.04 and Build 3182 and have no problems with it. Ctrl and Alt by themselves do nothing as they should.
I can run programs normally.

0 Likes

@Jackeroo, I wasn’t expecting there to be a problem with Ubuntu itself but thanks for the confirmation.

@OdatNurd, GTK3 was my first thought too but I’ve just dug out a couple of old laptops that I seldom use although they were both upgraded to Ubuntu 18.04 several months ago. I fully updated them both will the backlog of updates and to my surprise one of them also crashes in the same way.but the other doesn’t.

Strange. :confused:

Edit: It’s actually a known issue - https://github.com/SublimeTextIssues/Core/issues/2493 and the crash happens with the first press of any key not just Ctrl and Alt.

Note to self: Look on GitHub first. :smiley:

0 Likes

I’m not sure if this is 100% related but I’ve noticed weird behavior in Ubuntu 18.10 with build 3182 when the auto_complete and show_definitions settings are enabled. Disabling them both seems to remedy my problems and I wonder if they would fix these issues?

What I’m seeing when these settings are enabled:

• Menus flickering
  • The editor focus flickers in and out (causing weird problems when typing)
  • The autocomplete and definitions popup windows do not behave correctly, either (hard to describe specifically: they flicker and generally glitch out)

Edit I suppose I should also look on Github first from now on, the issues I’ve described appear to be tracked here: https://github.com/SublimeTextIssues/Core/issues/2491

0 Likes

It’s also really unstable on macOS: Crash on macOS During Indexing Might be same issue?

0 Likes

Build 3183 fixes my issue with Xubuntu. :smile:

0 Likes