Sublime Forum

Build 3119 crash or freeze on OS X 10.10

For me as well. Removing the session files works in the sense that Sublime Edit starts again, but Sublime Edit immediately crashes when trying to view the Changelog from the menu. (I assume that was also the issue with the session file.)

I’ve tried starting several times to see whether Console shows anything interesting. Twice in 20 or 30 times, the Changelog showed and Sublime Edit did not crash.

0 Likes

Thanks for this bit. I’ll see if I can reproduce using that on my end.

What version of OS X are you using?

0 Likes

What version of OS X are you using?

Sorry, 10.10.5 (14F1808). And thanks for looking into this!

0 Likes

Deletion of a session file has helped to start Sublime. Changelog crashes my OS X 10.10.5.

0 Likes

Looks like it is definitely the changelog window that crashes Sublime in OS X 10.10.5

I edited the Session.sublime_session (in ~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3/Local/ as suggested by @wbond) by hand and modified the value of last_version to 3119, so the editor doesn’t show the changelog window anymore and it starts flawlessly.
But as soon as you try to open the changelog, Sublime closes itself immediately.

0 Likes

I can confirm the same thing worked for me. I’m also running 10.10.5 (14F1808)

0 Likes

I just set up a 10.10.5 VM, however I can’t reproduce the crash with 3119. I’ll be digging some more on this.

0 Likes

OS X will generally save a crash report that you can access via the ‘Console’ application, if there’s a crash report there for Sublime Text that would be very helpful

0 Likes

This worked for me too. Thanks. Running 10.10.5 (14F1909)

0 Likes

Unfortunately, this seems to be a special case, not a general one: I have no reports in Console, ~/Library/Logs/ or /Library/Logs/.

0 Likes

@teoric thanks for looking into it. Can you let me know if entering any of these lines in Sublime Text’s console causes a crash?

view.show_popup('<div style="font-family: monospace">hello</div>')
view.show_popup('<style>div { font-family: "Open Sans", "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif }</style><div>hello</div>')```
1 Like

Bootstrap for minihtml

I edited the session file to recreate the error condition but Sublime doesn’t generate a crash report, as stated by @teoric.

0 Likes

@jsp I tried all the strings and no one causes the crash

0 Likes

Maybe this can add some bits: when Sublime crashes it shows the changelog windows, so it seems to be able to render it.

0 Likes

None of them causes a crash, but there is also no popup. And @kaosmos is right: The Changelog is displayed briefly for a moment before the crash.

0 Likes

I see a popup when I input the strings, it is just a little “hello” in the middle of the editor, maybe if you have a light theme it is not so easy to spot.

0 Likes

I had the same issue, which was fixed w/ the solution of changing the latest_version, but sublime still crashes randomly during use, usually while switching tabs. I can never catch what the error is in the console (if there is any), so I’m not sure what the cause could be, though it could potentially be a plugin, so I’m wondering if anyone else is experiencin the same thing. I’m on OSX 10.10.5 as well.

0 Likes

I installed a logger plugin and even that can’t capture the error that causes the crash, so I’m at a loss right now. I think I’ll try and do a full restart as mentioned originally.

Edit 1: I did a full restart of sublime and it still crashes randomly, I’m going to remove all the plugins now and see if that persists.

Edit 2: Everything works well without the plugins/packages so I suppose this is out of the scope of sublime itself, and rather involves whichever plugin is causing this, so cya :wink:

0 Likes

This issue should be resolved by build 3120. If you are still having trouble, please let me know.

0 Likes

Fixed for me – thank you very much!

0 Likes