Sublime Forum

Build 3119 crash or freeze on OS X 10.10

Thanks for this bit. I’ll see if I can reproduce using that on my end.

What version of OS X are you using?

0 Likes

What version of OS X are you using?

Sorry, 10.10.5 (14F1808). And thanks for looking into this!

0 Likes

Deletion of a session file has helped to start Sublime. Changelog crashes my OS X 10.10.5.

0 Likes

Looks like it is definitely the changelog window that crashes Sublime in OS X 10.10.5

I edited the Session.sublime_session (in ~/Library/Application Support/Sublime Text 3/Local/ as suggested by @wbond) by hand and modified the value of last_version to 3119, so the editor doesn’t show the changelog window anymore and it starts flawlessly.
But as soon as you try to open the changelog, Sublime closes itself immediately.

0 Likes

I can confirm the same thing worked for me. I’m also running 10.10.5 (14F1808)

0 Likes

I just set up a 10.10.5 VM, however I can’t reproduce the crash with 3119. I’ll be digging some more on this.

0 Likes

OS X will generally save a crash report that you can access via the ‘Console’ application, if there’s a crash report there for Sublime Text that would be very helpful

0 Likes

This worked for me too. Thanks. Running 10.10.5 (14F1909)

0 Likes

Unfortunately, this seems to be a special case, not a general one: I have no reports in Console, ~/Library/Logs/ or /Library/Logs/.

0 Likes

@teoric thanks for looking into it. Can you let me know if entering any of these lines in Sublime Text’s console causes a crash?

view.show_popup('<div style="font-family: monospace">hello</div>')
view.show_popup('<style>div { font-family: "Open Sans", "Helvetica Neue", Helvetica, Arial, sans-serif }</style><div>hello</div>')```
1 Like

Bootstrap for minihtml

I edited the session file to recreate the error condition but Sublime doesn’t generate a crash report, as stated by @teoric.

0 Likes

@jsp I tried all the strings and no one causes the crash

0 Likes

Maybe this can add some bits: when Sublime crashes it shows the changelog windows, so it seems to be able to render it.

0 Likes

None of them causes a crash, but there is also no popup. And @kaosmos is right: The Changelog is displayed briefly for a moment before the crash.

0 Likes

I see a popup when I input the strings, it is just a little “hello” in the middle of the editor, maybe if you have a light theme it is not so easy to spot.

0 Likes

I had the same issue, which was fixed w/ the solution of changing the latest_version, but sublime still crashes randomly during use, usually while switching tabs. I can never catch what the error is in the console (if there is any), so I’m not sure what the cause could be, though it could potentially be a plugin, so I’m wondering if anyone else is experiencin the same thing. I’m on OSX 10.10.5 as well.

0 Likes

I installed a logger plugin and even that can’t capture the error that causes the crash, so I’m at a loss right now. I think I’ll try and do a full restart as mentioned originally.

Edit 1: I did a full restart of sublime and it still crashes randomly, I’m going to remove all the plugins now and see if that persists.

Edit 2: Everything works well without the plugins/packages so I suppose this is out of the scope of sublime itself, and rather involves whichever plugin is causing this, so cya :wink:

0 Likes

This issue should be resolved by build 3120. If you are still having trouble, please let me know.

0 Likes

Fixed for me – thank you very much!

0 Likes

Fixed for me too, thank you

0 Likes