Sublime Forum

Build 3080

I actually experience the reindexing as well now, but only if I save a certain file. Whenever I edit “Packages/PythonImproved/PythonImproved.tmLanguage”, either manually in ST or if I generate it using AAAPackageDev, ST spawns 8 indexing processes (for my 4cores+HT) which are running at 12.5% each for a few seconds. The status bar also shows the indexing percentage.

I am unable to reproduce this with any other file. I usually have this syntax set to be the default for Python files (".py") and I have my whole Packages folder open as a project, but even when I changed the default syntax to the bundled Python.tmLanguage and then edited/changed that file it would not trigger indexing. If I changed the PythonImproved file it would reindex however, even if it is not set as the default syntax for .py files (verified). I have a total of 9 Python files open in two windows, it is completely unreasonable to exhaust my CPU for several seconds for those.

Multile restarts of ST also didn’t help. I don’t see a message about a corrupted index in the console either.

With sublime.log_indexing(True) I was able to observe the following:

• When I save Python.tmLanguage (currently default for .py files) I see this:

indexing [queue 6]: spawning 1 workers to process 1 / 1 files indexing [queue 6]: indexed 1 files

• When I save PythonImproved.tmLanguage I see this:

indexing [queue 7]: spawning 4 workers to process 705 / 705 files indexing [queue 8]: spawning 4 workers to process 4009 / 4009 files indexing [queue 7]: indexed 705 files indexing [queue 8]: indexed 4009 files

Edit: Removing (actually renaming) the Index directory also didn’t help.

0 Likes

@FichteFoll, whenever any tmLanguage file is changed all files are reindexed. It would be possible to track dependencies more closely, so only a minimal set of files are reindexed, but it’s just not worth spending the code complexity on this: for the vast majority of users, a tmLanguage file being updated is a rare event.

Options are to either disable file indexing when working on a tmLanguage file, or don’t edit tmLanugage files while a large project is open.

1 Like

@jps, I wonder about that, because editing Python.tmLanguage didn’t have that effect. Even when I set it to be the default syntax (using the menu and verifying with syntax-specific settings).

I also haven’t seen this behaviour before, maybe ~2 months ago, so I assume this is a more recent dev build change (3075 maybe)?

Edit: I noticed that you fixed server time and post dates are now accurate, except for errorneously set DST. Thanks for that.

0 Likes

Thanks for the info - will fix for the next build

1 Like

After updating 3080, all things are looking normal, but ‘next_result’ doesn’t work anymore, I’m using a portable version on Windows, I wonder anyone else enter the same problem??

0 Likes

As by github.com/titoBouzout/FindResu … s/issues/8, it appears that @ownself’s problem is related to a package.

0 Likes

[quote=“jagermesh”]After upgrade I have issues with CPU overload. Rolled back to previous version.
MacBook Pro Retina, 16GB RAM[/quote]

I can confirm same cpu issues, after upgrading sublime process is taking 30% to 40% of cpu usage (using a portable version on windows).

0 Likes

I upgraded my st3 to 3080 and remote php files opened with sftp in sidebar are no longer available after i close the program. Previous session is lost if i close the program.

Steps:

1. I open my file with sftp and the file is stored:
    C:\users…\appdata\local\temp\sublime-sftp-browse-TIMESTAMP\siteprofile\public_html\file.php

2.When i close st3 the file.php is deleted automaticaly

3.When i reopen st3
Unable to open /C/users/…/appdata/local/temp/sublime-sftp-browse-TIMESTAMP/siteprofile/public_html/file.php

… other files opend from local machine are reloded …

In previouse version of st3 there was no problem…

0 Likes

[paranoia]
Would it be possible to have the download files be hosted on an https server and/or provide md5sums for each download? Just to be certain that the binary blob is not tampered with before I install…
[/paranoia]

0 Likes

Is there a crash log somewhere with more info on why it’s crashing? Whether it be a 3rd party package or something? Either way, it happens on both my computers now, and only since yesterday’s 3080.

*Update: I found an empty build file in my user folder (thank you to other comments on the forum here) which fixed my crashing. It would still be nice to know if there’s a better way to debug crashes via crash log. I found a sweet spot with my packages, but in the beginning I found Sublime was very unstable due to package conflicts between user made packages, usually in the form of plugin_host error followed by crash. However, finding out more about those conflicts seemed very trial and error, had me going in circles for weeks :frowning: Is there such a crash log somewhere with more info?

0 Likes

Did it get retracted? I just opened Sublime and it told me there was an update, then it said it was already up to date (or something like that) while it’s still at 3065. Also the download page lists 3065 and not 3080.

0 Likes

Looks alright to me, 3080 all over the place: sublimetext.com/3

0 Likes

Weird stuff. Maybe it was right when 3083 was being uploaded or something.

0 Likes

Hrmm, subtractive mouse selection seems to be broken for me.

e.g) Left click and drag from line 60 to 20. Hold Shift and click on line 40. Instead of the selection subtracting down to lines 40-60 the cursor just moves to the end of the selection. Additive mouse selection is working though. If you hold shift and click on line 10 the selection is now expanded to lines 10-60.

0 Likes

@ismell:

I have the feeling that you are confusing shift and alt for adding and subtracting selections respectively. Both your described be behaviors correspond to when shift is held, while alt is required for subtracting (on Windows&Linux). Don’t know about OSX.

If that is not the case and you just made a typo in the post, please check for interfering packages. To my knowledge the default mouse maps were not updated for any OS (and I can verify that they work the same as always on Windows) so this might be the case, as was in this thread.

0 Likes

Hi!

Created an account just to say how great it is to see Sublime moving forwards again. It is still the best editor out there! Keep up the good work!

Kind regards,

Stefan

0 Likes

@FicheFoll:
I guess I’m crazy… I was expecting the behavior like gEdit (linux) or notepad (windows). I don’t know why I just noticed this with sublime. Sorry for the false report. Now I have to go hack my mousemap file :smile:

0 Likes

There’s an issue with the C++ syntax highlighting that’s been present for a while, I was hoping this would fix it. github.com/SublimeTextIssues/De … issues/111

0 Likes

Hi Jon,

Regarding tooltips disappearing, you state on sublimetext.com/forum/viewt … 285#p66285:

I may be misunderstanding what you’re saying here, but for me (Ubuntu 12.04 LTS, dual-monitor setup), the following seems like a bug:

1. Start typing in Sublime on Monitor 1; trigger a tooltip popup
  2. Move my mouse over to Monitor 2, click around/type etc. (tooltip does not disappear on Monitor 1 in the meantime)
  3. Move my mouse back to Monitor 1, select another open application (tooltip still does not disappear on Monitor 1) [screenshot]
  4. Click back into Sublime - only now does tooltip finally disappear

If I have understood correctly and this behaviour is indeed intentional, could you perhaps introduce a tooltip_debug setting to enable/disable it? Given that the majority of people who use Sublime will never use the console to experiment with the tooltip API, the reasoning for current default behaviour seems quite odd.

0 Likes

Same problem with Ubuntu’s extended desktop, when switching desktops (ctrl+alt+arrows) while a popup is active the popup follows you hanging on top of other applications, like @oomp’s screenshot.

0 Likes