Sublime Forum

Buggy AutoFileName causes many plugin_host.exe "No Disk" message boxes in Build 3126 on Windows

I noticed a bug in plugin_host.exe.

Description:
When clicking next to forward slash ‘/’, Sublime starts to search via drives on system.
Potentially it is a nice feature, but when drive is empty, it throws an error for each empty - see attached image.
Sometimes it managers to freeze desktop.

In my case, since I have 6 USB drives and one floppy drive, I have to close prompt 7 times, every time I use forward slash - regardless where, even in quoted text.

Solution
I believe, that either all empty disks should be bypassed automatically, or user should have easy way to disable this … well … “functionality”.
It is extremely annoying and counterproductive.

0 Likes

Sublime doesn’t auto complete filenames unless you have a plugin installed that does it for you, so that’s less a bug in sublime and more an issue to take up with the author of the plugin.

In fact it seems like a double bug because such functionality in the plugin should be restricted to only cases where you might be trying to enter a path and not just anywhere.

Do you know what plugin you might be using, e.g. FuzzyFilePath or FileSystem Autocompletion?

1 Like

If drive not available; cannot run sublime text

Thank you for your answer.
You are right.
I had AutoFileName installed.

0 Likes