What I want to achieve is to copy a single column of tabular text from a webpage.
Steps to recreate bug:
1. Copy some tabular text from a webpage and paste into Sublime Text 2.
2. Manually introduce a double space between two columns, so that I can search for that double space with search and replace.
3. Search for , which looks like .. and replace it with many spaces .................................. so that one side of the two columns are now split apart.
4. Repeat the process on the right side of the column that needs to be isolated.
5. Now that the column is isolated, hold the middle mouse key down and drag over the text to highlight the column. Right click and copy.
6. Paste the text into a new document.
7. Use search and replace and replace .. with . (in other words with ) to get rid of all the extra spaces.
8. BUG: The new document is totally broken after clicking Replace All.
Build: Sublime Text 2 Beta Build 2139
OS: Windows 7 Ultimate 32-bit
[EDIT] Yay for Firefox! It is possible to column select text by holding the Ctrl key down and selecting a column of text in a table! At least I can carry on using Sublime without having to deal with this bug.