Sublime Forum

Bug: ST4 auto-completion doesn't work properly in .scss files

A bug occurs when using the auto-completion in .scss files. All packages deactivated except Sass package. .css files are not affected by this bug.

• Auto-completion works if property is on the same line than the class.
  • Auto-completion doesn’t work if property is indented.
  • Auto-completion half works if it’s the only class of the file.

I also tried using tab or space, same issue. Here is a GIF explaining the different cases:

Peek%202021-08-24%2014-25

0 Likes

Have tried using this plugin? Brings back ST3 autocomplete in ST4.

0 Likes

Hi @bitsper2nd, does this plugin fix the bug I reported ?

0 Likes

haven’t tried on scss, but autocomplete works fine for me on css.

0 Likes

“.css files are not affected by this bug.”

0 Likes

Sublime Text does not support scss officially. You will need to write your issue to the maintainer of the Sass(yes, this includes scss) package.

0 Likes

Was already done, that’s why I reported the bug here. Seems to be a ST4 bug, and not a package bug.

0 Likes

This issue is a package issue only for sure.

Sass package provides its own sass_completions.py plugin which provides those completions.

The default css_completions.py which ships with ST’s CSS syntax package, does not handle SCSS at all. It just returns “I have nothing to add here”. So this one is not to blame.

ST correctly calls on_query_completions in both illustrated situations. So it’s not a core issue either.

It’s SASS’s sass_completions.py which returns nothing in your second example, because as soon as you type a character, it is scoped meta.selector, which causes the completions plugin to return None at line 644 as it doesn’t handle them.

2 Likes