Sublime Forum

[Bug in 3118 - Solved in 3119] Marking text jumps suddenly with the mouse

Hi,

When I mark some text, the beginning of the section jumps to the line beginning since some days. I don’t know if this has to do with one of the last 2 updates or a plugin but this is really annoying ^^.

Any help appreciated.

Thanks
Silberling

"installed_packages": [ "AdvancedNewFile", "Alignment", "ApacheConf.tmLanguage", "BracketHighlighter", "C++ Snippets", "C++11", "Clang Format", "ClangAutoComplete", "Clipboard Manager", "CMake", "CMakeEditor", "CMakeSnippets", "Color Highlighter", "Crontab Syntax", "CSS Color Converter", "CSS3", "CTags", "DocBlockr", "Dockerfile Syntax Highlighting", "Doctrine Snippets", "Emmet", "Git", "GotoDocumentation", "HTML5", "Indent XML", "INI", "JavaScript Completions", "jQuery", "LaTeXTools", "LESS", "lessc", "LineEndings", "Mediawiker", "Monokai Extended", "NASM x86 Assembly", "OpenGL Shading Language (GLSL)", "Package Control", "Path Tools", "QMakeProject", "QML", "Qt Completions for C++", "SFTP", "SideBarEnhancements", "Smart Delete", "SQLExec", "SublimeCodeIntel", "SublimeLinter", "SublimeLinter-annotations", "SublimeLinter-contrib-clang", "SublimeLinter-html-tidy", "SublimeLinter-jshint", "SublimeLinter-json", "SublimeLinter-lua", "SublimeLinter-php", "SVN", "Symfony2 Snippets", "TabsExtra", "Theme - Cola", "Theme - Soda", "Todo.txt Syntax", "Trimmer", "Twig", "VCS Gutter", "x86 and x86_64 Assembly" ]

2 Likes

Dev Build 3118

Ditto. v3118

"installed_packages":
[
	"Alignment",
	"Better CoffeeScript",
	"BracketHighlighter",
	"Case Conversion",
	"Color Highlighter",
	"Dayle Rees Color Schemes",
	"EasyDiff",
	"Edit Preferences",
	"FindKeyConflicts",
	"GitGutter",
	"Package Control",
	"Sass",
	"Schemr",
	"SideBarEnhancements",
	"SqlBeautifier",
	"Theme - Aprosopo"
]
0 Likes

I’m having issues where clicking in the editor sometime puts the cursor at the start of the line instead of where I clicked. I don’t think I ever had that before 3118. Is that the same thing you guys are experiencing?

0 Likes

Sounds like it. I can reproduce it consistently just by clicking (slowly, carefully) back and forth on two adjacent lines, at the same position in each line. Sometimes the cursor goes where I click; sometimes it jumps to the beginning of the line. This never happened before sometime recently.

1 Like

how do you guys dump a list of installed packages?

0 Likes

It’s right there in your Package Control “User Settings” file.

0 Likes

oh, duh…

"installed_packages":
	[
		"AlignTab",
		"Better CoffeeScript",
		"ChangeQuotes",
		"Duotones Colorschemes",
		"Emmet",
		"Git Config",
		"GitGutter",
		"Grunt",
		"Indent XML",
		"Package Control",
		"SourceTree",
		"SublimeLinter",
		"SublimeLinter-contrib-eslint",
		"SublimeLinter-contrib-tslint",
		"Terminal",
		"TypeScript"
	]
0 Likes

I’m also seeing this, although I haven’t found a reliable way of reproducing it.

installed packages: ["0_package_control_loader", "AdvancedNewFile", "Alignment", "AlignTab", "AppendSemiColon", "Better CoffeeScript", "BracketGuard", "BracketHighlighter", "ChannelRepositoryTools", "Color Highlighter", "DocBlockr", "Edit Preferences", "EditorConfig", "Fold Python Docstrings", "GitGutter", "GitSavvy", "INI", "JumpTo", "LaTeX-cwl", "LESS", "Markdown Preview", "MarkdownEditing", "MarkdownTOC", "Origami", "Package Control", "PackageResourceViewer", "Plugin Debugger", "RestructuredText Improved", "Sass", "Schemr", "ScopeHunter", "SCSS", "SideBarEnhancements", "Stylus", "SublimeLinter-annotations", "SublimeLinter-contrib-mypy", "SublimeLinter-contrib-sass-lint", "SublimeLinter-flake8", "SublimeLinter-javac", "SublimeLinter-lua", "SublimeLinter-pydocstyle", "SublimeLinter-pyyaml", "SuperPython", "SyntaxHighlightTools", "Table Editor", "TestPackage", "Theme - Freesia", "Theme - Nil", "To Hastebin", "UnitTesting", "Wrap Plus", "YAML Nav", "Zeal"]
packages: ["AlwaysEnsureNewlineAtEof", "ASCII Decorator", "Babel", "backrefs", "BracketGuard", "BracketHighlighter", "bz2", "CSS", "CSScheme", "Default", "Diff", "File History", "HTML", "InactivePanes", "INI", "InsertDate", "InsertNums", "Java", "JavaScript", "Jedi - Python autocompletion", "Language - English", "Language - German", "LaTeX", "LaTeXTools", "Lua_user", "Makefile", "markupsafe", "mdpopups", "NewPackageDev", "Open-Include", "PackageDev", "PackageResourceViewer", "PHP", "PlainTasks", "Plugin Debugger", "pygments", "Python", "python-jinja2", "python-markdown", "PythonImproved", "pytz", "pyyaml", "QuickRulers", "Regular Expressions", "RestructuredText Improved", "SaneSnippets", "SCSS", "SendSelfTest", "SideBarEnhancements", "SublimeLinter", "SublimeLinter-contrib-mypy", "SublimeLinter-contrib-sublime-syntax", "SublimeLinter-flake8", "SublimeLinter-jshint", "SublimeREPL", "SyntaxHighlightTools", "Theme - Nil", "TodoReview", "Troubleshooting", "User", "VisualIndent", "YAML", "YAML Nav"]
ignored packages: ["Babel", "BracketGuard", "Color Highlighter", "Markdown", "PythonImproved", "RestructuredText", "Stylus", "SublimeLinter-lua", "SyntaxHighlightTools", "Theme - Freesia", "Vintage", "YAML 1.2"]
packages managed by Package Control: ["AdvancedNewFile", "Alignment", "AlignTab", "AppendSemiColon", "ASCII Decorator", "Babel", "Better CoffeeScript", "BracketGuard", "BracketHighlighter", "ChannelRepositoryTools", "Color Highlighter", "DocBlockr", "Edit Preferences", "EditorConfig", "Fold Python Docstrings", "GitGutter", "GitSavvy", "INI", "Jedi - Python autocompletion", "JumpTo", "LaTeX-cwl", "LaTeXTools", "LESS", "Markdown Preview", "MarkdownEditing", "MarkdownTOC", "Origami", "Package Control", "PackageResourceViewer", "PlainTasks", "Plugin Debugger", "RestructuredText Improved", "Sass", "Schemr", "ScopeHunter", "SCSS", "SideBarEnhancements", "Stylus", "SublimeLinter", "SublimeLinter-annotations", "SublimeLinter-contrib-mypy", "SublimeLinter-contrib-sass-lint", "SublimeLinter-flake8", "SublimeLinter-javac", "SublimeLinter-jshint", "SublimeLinter-lua", "SublimeLinter-pydocstyle", "SublimeLinter-pyyaml", "SublimeREPL", "SuperPython", "SyntaxHighlightTools", "Table Editor", "Theme - Freesia", "Theme - Nil", "To Hastebin", "TodoReview", "UnitTesting", "Wrap Plus", "YAML Nav", "Zeal"]

(This is from the Troubleshooting package, btw)

0 Likes

I am seeing this too, and I definitely didn’t see it before the latest builds and I think only on 3118. I am on Windows and I know @FichteFoll is too. Are others on Windows as well?

"installed_packages":
[
	"Alignment",
	"All Autocomplete",
	"Dracula Color Scheme",
	"JSON Reindent",
	"Oceanic Next Color Scheme",
	"Package Control",
	"PackageDev",
	"PackageResourceViewer",
	"Theme - Cobalt2",
	"Tomorrow Color Schemes"
]
0 Likes

Ubuntu 16.04, here.

0 Likes

OSX 10.11.6 here

0 Likes

I guess it is definitely a cross platform issue :slightly_smiling:

0 Likes

Win10 64bit all computers, currently no linux boxes with sublime

0 Likes

I have pretty much no packages and I’m having this issue. Quite annoying. Win10 64bit.

"installed_packages": [ "Blade Spacer", "Laravel Blade Highlighter" ]

0 Likes

Just to be clear, we are talking about this bug right?

I’m clicking anywhere after the end of the two lines and as I switch between then sometimes it jumps to the beginning of the line rather than the end.

Although, this bug isn’t limited to clicking at the end of a line, it can happen anywhere, it’s just that clicking at the end was the most obvious way to demonstrate it.

I opened a new file with no syntax highlighting (plain text), typed out the function text you can see above (although any text would do) and started clicking.

4 Likes

Yep, that’s exactly it.

0 Likes

How did you make that gif? I’d like to make one of this, too, because I wasn’t able to reproduce it with clicking so far, only when selecting text.

0 Likes

Found Screen To Gif. Nice thing, didn’t know that.
So here’s mine when selecting from let to right using my mouse only, no keyboard.
See how the mouse cursor moves further to the right but the selection jumps back to the beginning of the line?
So when I try to select more that what I could select using a double click, I get stuff I don’t want. sometimes I don’t realize it until i paste it.

2 Likes

I’ve tried to reproduce the issue of repeatedly clicking on the margins of different lines to get the cursor placed at the beginning of the line, however I have been unable to on OS X.

I’ve also tried to reproduce the clicking on a single line with a selection to try and get the shift to the beginning of the line, but been unable to on OS X.

I will fire up some VMs later and see if I can reproduce it on Windows 10 and Ubuntu.

Can users experiencing this reproduce the error with a clean install?

0 Likes

I can hardly reproduce it at all. It happens really infrequently and even after clicking maybe a 100 times just now, I wasn’t able to replicate it a single time, neither in a fresh nor in my normal environment.

I’ll keep sublime.log_commands(True) active for some time and check the console if it occus again.

0 Likes