Apologies if this has been reported before.
After a PC reboot, I found that that build 2181 of ST2 was crashing about 10 seconds after start-up. I tried an un-install/re-install. Tried closing all the open tabs and restarting, nothing. Then I realised that my Fiddler proxy wasn't running (it had been the last time I was running ST2). I started Fiddler up and then re-started ST2 . Bingo, no crash.
ST2 was making the following HTTP request:
sublimetext.com/updates/2/st ... ch=x32&r=0
For some reason, it was still trying to use the proxy, failing and then crashing when it didn't get a response. I'm not sure why it was trying to use the local proxy actually, the setting in Internet Explorer's "LAN settings" tab was set to use an autoconfigured proxy (i'm on a corp network).
Hope this is useful! Please let me know if you need any further info.
(System is Windows XP)