Sublime Forum

\brief, \params and so on

I just a second ago read a C++ Header file of the SFML and found this bit of code

//////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// /// \brief Construct the color from its 4 RGBA components /// /// \param red Red component (in the range [0, 255]) /// \param green Green component (in the range [0, 255]) /// \param blue Blue component (in the range [0, 255]) /// \param alpha Alpha (opacity) component (in the range [0, 255]) /// //////////////////////////////////////////////////////////// Color(Uint8 red, Uint8 green, Uint8 blue, Uint8 alpha = 255);

(include/SFML/Graphics/Color.hpp for reference).

I guess the \brief and \param show a description when using the function elsewhere and I feel like this was made for IDEs like VS, but is that also possible in Sublime Text? I am currently only working in a single file anyways and seeing a description of the order and type of arguments is always helpful. I am sorry, if someone asked this before, but it is a pain to use backslashes in search engines.

Regards,
Kim

0 Likes

This is Doxygen documentation syntax. There are plugins that offer completion to write such docs but I don’t know of any plugins that show hints based on Doxygen comments.

0 Likes