Sublime Forum

Boxy – It Was the Most Hackable Theme for Sublime Text 3

Love this theme, thank you !

Just a request - is there anyway to adjust the top margin/padding inside the editor so text isn’t up against the top bar?

1 Like

Unfortunately it’s not possible :disappointed: You can post your request here.

0 Likes

:eyeglasses: Boxy v5.0.0 :eyeglasses:

Starting 5.0.0 this theme uses zz File Icons package to display file icons. Please install the package and restart Sublime Text.

:gift: Themes

:heavy_check_mark: Add zz File Icons support
:heavy_check_mark: Add Boxy Nova theme
:heavy_check_mark: Add Minimal skin
:heavy_check_mark: Add settings to change the minimap viewport opacity

:gem: Color Schemes

:heavy_check_mark: Add Boxy Nova color scheme

:tada: In Action

:sunglasses: Thanks To

@mattst for 002e3a7

2 Likes

BOXY is great, there is just one thing that annoys me.

You update too often - it starts getting annoying to watch your IDE doing the update …

… wait … broken layout … wait … wait … restart -> OK … almost every second day … :confused:

0 Likes

I imagine at some point it will slow down, but the man has got ideas he wants to get in :slightly_smiling:.

Some packages hardly ever get updated. I’d rather get updated too often with useful stuff than rarely when certain things are broken. I imagine there will come a time in the future where it will have most everything everyone needs and it won’t get updated too much. I say: when a developer feels like pushing out work, let him/her, because the time will come they are too busy or not not motivated enough to get to issues (at least that’s my personal experience).

8 Likes

See https://github.com/oivva/st-boxy/issues/113#issuecomment-241626786

1 Like

Thank you oivva!

1 Like

Why is are these functions listed below not working? Everything else is working so far. It is one of the best themes ever!!! I also tried to tinker with Boxy theme code more directly because I wanted to change the syntax highlighting from red to blue (in which I failed because I couldn’t find it) and the color of the brackets to red (so reverse the colors).

// Make dirty icon to be always colored
   "theme_dirty_colored_always": true,

// Set green accent color for the dirty state
"theme_dirty_accent_green": true,

// Add rounded corners to the tabs
    "theme_tab_rounded": true,
0 Likes

You can use settings only for UI themes, color schemes could be changed manually. Some settings not working in some contexts. E.g. "theme_tab_rounded": true doesn’t work if "theme_bar": true. Also you have to use one accent color, I think theme_dirty_accent_green doesn’t work because you have activated another accent.

0 Likes

See this for manual customization.

0 Likes

Only the buttons are not working. The dirty pencil itself is working.

0 Likes

Please provide your settings and screenshot.

0 Likes

What do you mean by settings? I will provide the screenshot.

0 Likes

Do you mean the environment?

0 Likes

This highlights the problem perfectly.
Special attention to the tab.

0 Likes

Ah, I understood you. Yes, that’s not possible when you use filled tabs and I have no plans to add such functionality, sorry.

0 Likes

Is there a way to change current line highlight color?

0 Likes

Yes, you can do this manually. Just change lineHighlight color.

0 Likes

Great. Thanks a lot!

1 Like

But I have managed to do that! Though I have set it to underlined first.

0 Likes