Sublime Forum

Boxy – It Was the Most Hackable Theme for Sublime Text 3

How we can use/integrate this inside a theme? just by add the .py file to the theme root?

0 Likes

This is was configured for the Boxy theme. It also assumes you have mdpopups installed (as I do). It can be adapted to not use mdpopups if that is your desire. You would need to configure the options to match whatever theme you drop it in. But assuming you are using Boxy, and have mdpopups, you could drop it anywhere and then map the command to the command palette.

0 Likes

:eyeglasses: Boxy v3.2.3 :eyeglasses:

:gift: Themes

:heavy_check_mark: Simplify styling of the buttons
:heavy_check_mark: Add changelog command
:heavy_check_mark: Add dirty accents
:heavy_check_mark: Add find panel (console, output panel) padding options
:heavy_check_mark: Add internal docs (Preferences) (Starting ST 3118)
:heavy_check_mark: Add theme activator
:heavy_check_mark: Add presets
:heavy_check_mark: Add theme configurator

:gem: Color Schemes

:heavy_check_mark: Fix popup styling bug when theme is installed manually

4 Likes

Seems like it hijacks shortcut that I use to type accent character - `
It opens the Boxy Config Theme popup.

0 Likes

This was fixed in 3.2.1. Do the force upgrade:

1. Open Command Palette using menu item Tools → Command Palette...
  2. Choose Package Control: Upgrade Package
  3. Find Boxy Theme
  4. Hit Enter
  5. Restart Sublime Text
    • macOS : menu item Sublime Text -> Quit Sublime Text
    • Windows: menu item File -> Exit
    • Linux : menu item File -> Exit
0 Likes

Hi I just started using BOXY and it nearly has me fully covered, the only thing i find missing is the file icons. is there any way to expand the library of icons or manually add new ones ? I think it covers everything but .coffee and .cjsx at the moment, but missing those leaves a huge gap in the side bar.

Thanks and keep up the great work

1 Like

Hi, glad that you like it :wink: Coffeescript icon is already there, just remove other custom ui themes (more details here).

I’ll add .cjsx icon in 3.2.4 :wink:

0 Likes

I had released 3.2.4. It will be available soon via Package Control. Resolves problems with:

• R-lang icon
  • Coffee Script & React Coffee Script icons
0 Likes

:eyeglasses: Boxy v3.3.0 :eyeglasses:

:heavy_check_mark: Make Python icon more pythonic
:heavy_check_mark: Fix configurator when it’s running right after installation
:heavy_check_mark: Fix popup styling in ST < 3119

:heavy_check_mark: Significantly improve markdown highlighting

:tada: In Action

3 Likes

When boxy updates, Sublime either always or typically switches back to default theme. Then I have to figure out what boxy configuration and scheme I was using before and restore them manually. Is that expected? Can this be improved?

0 Likes

This is how Package Control updates the current custom theme. You should wait until it finished the updating (theme & color scheme settings will be restored after that). Also you can quickly change or preview each Boxy theme:

1. Open Command Palette using menu item Tools → Command Palette...
  2. Choose Boxy Theme: Activation
  3. Hit Enter

All your settings will be safe, this command only changes theme & color scheme.

More info about the way of updating the current theme: More elegant way of updating the current theme

1 Like

Boxy theme is great!
I found one little problem - when I set font size of a tab name to medium or larger the letters get cut from below (especially visible if filename contains underscores). Is there any setting I could use to avoid this situation?

0 Likes

no, it’s a known bug that the ST devs will need to fix, AFAIK there is no workaround

3 Likes

It appears to not restore boxy theme most of the time after upgrade.

The problem with manual re-activation is that I don’t want to use bundled color scheme so it’s a two step process. First activation and then changing color scheme from the main menu.

0 Likes

I can say for sure, fresh Sublime Text on Windows restores theme & color scheme right after updating. Except Boxy v3.3.0 which had some typo in env plugin, theme was reverted to the Default after updating. Fixed in 3.3.1.

0 Likes

All that I can say it depends on your UI font & OS font rendering. On Windows with default UI font, the maximum font size without cut off is 11 (sm), on Mac ~ 12-13 (md-lg). These options will be usable when the bug will be fixed. For now you can only play with UI fonts (via addon) or increase tab font size on Mac.

See also: Interface Suggestions

0 Likes

:eyeglasses: Boxy v3.4.0 :eyeglasses:

:heavy_check_mark: Fix gutter icons of the Color Highlighter for the light themes (when c56af9f will be merged)
:heavy_check_mark: Add extras activator
:heavy_check_mark: Return previous python icon

:heavy_check_mark: Improve markdown highlighting
:heavy_check_mark: Make active guide monochrome
:heavy_check_mark: Add Plain Notes support
:heavy_check_mark: Add Plain Tasks support

I highly recommend you to use Plain Notes as syntax of your markdown files looks and works really good :wink:

:tada: In Action

Getting started video now shows how to activate extras, also I’ve reduced the length of it.

1 Like

Thanks for all your work on Boxy, it is awesome!

1 Like

Not sure but I think that indent_guide is no longer aligned with theme accent… on the other hand I am not sure it ever was?

0 Likes

Starting 3.4.0 indent guide is monochrome, at the beginning it was yellow, than - green. Theme accent affects only UI theme. If you don’t like monochrome guides, do the manual customization via PackageResourceViewer as described here: https://github.com/oivva/boxy/wiki/Settings#advanced

1 Like