Sublime Forum

Boxy – It Was the Most Hackable Theme for Sublime Text 3

How can I change the font size of the search/replace, console and output tabs. It is a little too big for my liking. Is there a setting to control it?

To give a perspective, the font I use it Arial 8pt. Thats the top half in red/black. What I would like is for the font in the console to be around 10pt. Thats the bottom half in white.

Regards

0 Likes

Just try to install one of these addons.

Boxy Theme Addon - Widget Font XS changes the font size to 10px.

0 Likes

Here’s another solution of providing toggleable settings by using a quick panel: https://github.com/SublimeText/LaTeXTools/pull/773

Might be worth considering that too since they are fuzzy-searched. The only downside would be that you can’t see what categories are available at first (setting names could be prefixed with their category for discoverability though). The filter text would most likely need to be restored somehow.

FYI, you can also remove the underline for links with text-decoration: none (or text-decoration: inherit, if the former doesn’t work). I’d also make the entire line clickable, not just the box, like you do with <label> tags in HTML.

1 Like

Yeah, I didn’t want to search for a single setting, I wanted to see the settings related to a given topic and see if they were set. That is why I took the popup route. But panel is fine, I just don’t think I would use it and it would clutter my searches with more irrelevant stuff. It isn’t really something I need constant access to, just when I want to make a change, I don’t want to hunt around for all available settings.

Yeah, Yeah, I know, I literally just threw it together yesterday :slightly_smiling:. I figured if it got picked up by Boxy, that there may be changes to it anyways; it was more of a proof of concept (that I am using). I also noticed that on OSX, the fake radio buttons turn into actual emoji, while on Windows they still look like font chars. I don’t know, maybe I could pick something that consistent.

1 Like

Sure, I like the popup settings too. Might even get me to check out the theme at some point.

Which codepoints did you use for theradio buttons? I don’t think any of these[1] qualifies as an “emoji”, but mac has always been a bit special about their unicode rendering.

[1]: http://unicode-search.net/unicode-namesearch.pl?term=CIRCLE

0 Likes

I used medium white circle and medium black circle. White was just a circle, and black was a solid circle. On Mac they are glossy colored circles…which is fine, I just wasn’t expecting it.

0 Likes

Awesome thanks

0 Likes

:eyeglasses: Boxy v3.1.0 :eyeglasses:

Starting 3.1.0 linter theme is included into the theme package. Boxy Theme Addon - Linter Theme will be removed soon. More info →

:gift: Themes

:heavy_check_mark: Add option to highlight text only for selected item in the sidebar
:heavy_check_mark: Add linter theme into the theme package

1 Like

Boxy Theme Addon - Widget Font LG will be renamed to Boxy Theme Addon - Widget Font Size. Other font size addons will be removed soon.

Its aim to have only the one widget font size addon and customize it like Boxy Theme Addon - Font Face.

More details here →

0 Likes

How we can use/integrate this inside a theme? just by add the .py file to the theme root?

0 Likes

This is was configured for the Boxy theme. It also assumes you have mdpopups installed (as I do). It can be adapted to not use mdpopups if that is your desire. You would need to configure the options to match whatever theme you drop it in. But assuming you are using Boxy, and have mdpopups, you could drop it anywhere and then map the command to the command palette.

0 Likes

:eyeglasses: Boxy v3.2.3 :eyeglasses:

:heavy_check_mark: Simplify styling of the buttons
:heavy_check_mark: Add changelog command
:heavy_check_mark: Add dirty accents
:heavy_check_mark: Add find panel (console, output panel) padding options
:heavy_check_mark: Add internal docs (Preferences) (Starting ST 3118)
:heavy_check_mark: Add theme activator
:heavy_check_mark: Add presets
:heavy_check_mark: Add theme configurator

:gem: Color Schemes

:heavy_check_mark: Fix popup styling bug when theme is installed manually

4 Likes

Seems like it hijacks shortcut that I use to type accent character - `
It opens the Boxy Config Theme popup.

0 Likes

This was fixed in 3.2.1. Do the force upgrade:

1. Open Command Palette using menu item Tools → Command Palette...
  2. Choose Package Control: Upgrade Package
  3. Find Boxy Theme
  4. Hit Enter
  5. Restart Sublime Text
    • macOS : menu item Sublime Text -> Quit Sublime Text
    • Windows: menu item File -> Exit
    • Linux : menu item File -> Exit
0 Likes

Hi I just started using BOXY and it nearly has me fully covered, the only thing i find missing is the file icons. is there any way to expand the library of icons or manually add new ones ? I think it covers everything but .coffee and .cjsx at the moment, but missing those leaves a huge gap in the side bar.

Thanks and keep up the great work

1 Like

Hi, glad that you like it :wink: Coffeescript icon is already there, just remove other custom ui themes (more details here).

I’ll add .cjsx icon in 3.2.4 :wink:

0 Likes

I had released 3.2.4. It will be available soon via Package Control. Resolves problems with:

• R-lang icon
  • Coffee Script & React Coffee Script icons
0 Likes

:eyeglasses: Boxy v3.3.0 :eyeglasses:

:heavy_check_mark: Make Python icon more pythonic
:heavy_check_mark: Fix configurator when it’s running right after installation
:heavy_check_mark: Fix popup styling in ST < 3119

:gem: Color Schemes

:heavy_check_mark: Significantly improve markdown highlighting

:tada: In Action

3 Likes

When boxy updates, Sublime either always or typically switches back to default theme. Then I have to figure out what boxy configuration and scheme I was using before and restore them manually. Is that expected? Can this be improved?

0 Likes

This is how Package Control updates the current custom theme. You should wait until it finished the updating (theme & color scheme settings will be restored after that). Also you can quickly change or preview each Boxy theme:

1. Open Command Palette using menu item Tools → Command Palette...
  2. Choose Boxy Theme: Activation
  3. Hit Enter

All your settings will be safe, this command only changes theme & color scheme.

More info about the way of updating the current theme: More elegant way of updating the current theme

1 Like