Sublime Forum

Behavior with the command palette

Just noticed this, it doesn’t look normal, but I guess i’d ask.

Plat: Windows 7, x86, on a fairly old machine.
Subl: 3120
Steps:

1. Press shortcut to open the command palette.
  2. Press shortcut to open the gotoAnything palette.
  3. Press shortcut to open the command palette again.

At step 1, all commands that I’d expect are there. But at step 3, there’s missing some (the one I looked for was Word Wrap Toggle).

It’s missing even if you start at step 2.

It’s missing even if you open the command palette, alt-tab to some other window, and alt-tab to sublime again and re-open the palette.

Also, the speed at which I’m doing the transitions seem to be a factor sometimes. But not in all occurences, so I don’t know for sure. As if Sublime can’t repopulate the palette with all commands quickly enough. Or some other reason.

Any insights on this?

EDIT: I guess it just has to do with the context. If the textbuffer had the focus previous to opening the palette or not. Damn. I kinda wish it kept it in-between the transition from one palette to another, since I keep mistyping the correct shortcut and open the Goto palette instead. So, when I try to go directly to the Command Palette, I’m confused as to why I can’t find the Wrap toggle. But at least now I know what’s my problem.

0 Likes

As you already recognized it is based on the context. Each command can overwritte the is_visible method to hide itself depending on the context.

0 Likes