Sublime Forum

Batch Editor - by Search and replace Regex or normal mode?

hello. Is there any Batch Editor plugin or Package that could help me to perform multiple commands (a list of Regex Expressions or normal replace)?

I’m working with 5000 files, and I need to run many regex expressions, so those to run in order of my preference even if I’m leaving home. A Batch Editor Package will be perfect.

0 Likes

There’s the Macro functionality on the Tools menu, but if that doesn’t suffice you should just write a Python script. Personally I’d just do that.

Someone else may be able to suggest a plugin though…

0 Likes

hello nutjob2, Macro are not very good for many search/and replace on 5000 files. :slightly_smiling:
I don’t know Python, else I’d write a script for myself. I only know a bit of Regex. I am not a programmer, but I am working with a lot of .html or .txt files.

0 Likes

Well, you might be right, but if the only tool you have is a hammer, you better start thinking everything looks like a nail.

I wouldn’t dismiss the macro approach out of hand, becuase most likely you will be turning a text file with a list of 5,000 file paths into a series of commands (using regex) that apply your regexes.

This looks like it may help you apply multiple regexes to each file:

I can’t find a plugin to run commands against multiple files, but this will help you open and save them:

https://packagecontrol.io/packages/FileCommands

You also might want to look at other tools (perhaps sed) which are designed to do what you’re talking about.

0 Likes