Sublime Forum

"auto_match_enabled": false isn't working

The quote matching in Sublime is driving me nuts. I’ve Googled around and searched this forum and everyone points at the “auto_match_enabled” option. I’ve put ‘“auto_match_enabled”: false’ in my “Preferences > Settings - User” file and it doesn’t work. I’ve tried everything from restarting sublime, changing “Settings - Default”, trying some console command I found… What am I doing wrong?

0 Likes

Seeing the exact same problem with the latest build of ST3, nothing “auto matches” but parenthesis, it’s extremely annoying.

0 Likes

I’m observing similar strange behavior. Despite auto_match_enabled=false, sublime still pairs single and double quotes. This is so annoying! How can I disable it completely?

0 Likes

must be something in your keybindings, because, setting auto_match_enabled to false in a clean state of ST works as expected.

0 Likes

I think the easiest way is just to open your User keybindings and add:

{ "keys": ["\""], "command": "insert", "args": {"characters": "\""} },
    { "keys": ["'"], "command": "insert", "args": {"characters": "'"} },

This forces Sublime Text to insert ", when you press " and all keybindings from other plugins are ignored.

0 Likes

Guys, I tried everything!
Including explicitly adding keybindings for simple and double quotes as @r-stein suggested.
It doesn’t work at all!
Auto-complete gets disabled for brackets, braces, everything - except single and double quotes. I mean, when I press single quote key, nothing happens. When I press it the second time - two quotes are inserted simultaneously. I am editing wiki page, and I often need to insert not two, and not four quotes, but three. It’s such a PITA with this feature.

0 Likes

Well, I was able finally to fix it, although no idea what it was.

1. Moved Sublime settings folder from %APPDATA% to another location
  2. Started Sublime
  3. Closed Sublime
  4. Copied old settings folder (moved on step 1) over the freshly created in %APPDATA%
    Now I am able to to insert single/double quotes one by one.
0 Likes