Sublime Forum

Arduino IDE Package Plugin

I’ve installed the Arduino IDE Package on OS X 10.11.6 with Sublime 3 and the Arduino 1.8.1 IDE and I’m not able to get it to work at all.

First problem is that every time I quit Sublime and re-open it everything is greyed out under the Arduino Menu and “Show Arduino Menu” under preferences is also greyed out. If I uninstall the Package, re-install it then uncheck and re-check the “Show Arduino Menu” in preferences then it all comes back until I quit again.

Secondly if I compile anything I always get the “avr-gcc++: command not found” error.

So at this point it’s not working at all. Any help would be appreciated and go easy I’m new to coding so most of avr-gcc++ fixes I’ve read about confuse me. I have no idea what .py file I’m supposed to be looking for.

Thanks

0 Likes

Anybody, please.

Even if it’s to let me know that I’m supposed to post this on another Forum.
I was only recently introduced to Sublime so I’m not sure who to contact about these packages.

0 Likes

Hi,

What is the package name you’ve installed?
Is that Stino? https://github.com/Robot-Will/Stino
If you want to use it, you should install according to the Stino’s README.
(When I installed Stino without “package control”, it didn’t work correctly.)

If you know package name, you should find package support page and ask there.

0 Likes

I used the package installer from the “Tools” Menu.

So “Tools” / “Command Palette” then a dialog box opens and I choose “Package Control: Install Package”. Now I type in the letters “ard” and look for the “Arduino-like IDE” and when I click on it, it installs the Arduino IDE Package and an “Arduino” Menu shows up to the right of the “Help” Menu.

Then in the Arduino Menu I go to “Preferences” and “Select Arduino Application Folder” and point it to the Arduino IDE in my Applications Folder. Next I “Change Sketchbook Folder” and point it to my Sketchbook Folder" and last is “Select Build Folder” which I point to a folder that I have setup in the Documents folder for compiling.

Isn’t this the correct way to do it or is Stino a better way to go?
As I say I always get the “avr-gcc++: command not found” error and every time I try to compile and when I quit Sublime almost everything under the “Arduino” Menu is greyed out the next time I open Sublime. So at this point nothing in the “Arduino-like IDE” works anymore.

So I’m not sure what to do and I can’t seem to find a forum that supports that Package. I’m open to any suggestions.

Thanks

0 Likes

I’ve now tried doing everything exactly the same on Windows 7 - x64 and I end up with the same thing.

Seems like the Arduino like-IDE is easily installed through Package Control however it doesn’t work. Is it not compatible with V3 of Sublime or what else can I try.

0 Likes

Is your Arduino IDE installed properly?
When I open my powershell in windows, or terminal in mac etc and type ‘avr-g++’ I get

avr-g++.exe: fatal error: no input files

which means the avr-g++ compiler is working fine. What output does it show for you?

Similar issue is mentioned here:

but for most problem was the same, environment variables missing.
the backslash problem that plagued windows version is solved now i guess.

please check your Arduino installation once more (arduino IDE from arduino website) it might help

0 Likes

Ok this has gone beyond the point of stupidity. I want to purchase Sublime but is there actually any possible way to get this bloody Stino IDE to work.

I have finally found out how to get avr-gcc installed at this link.

How to install HomeBrew and the AVR-Toolchain

I’ve also modified the ‘arduino_compiler.py’ within the appropriate Stino Folder as per this link.

/bin/sh: avr-g++: command not found Mac OS X 10.10.3

I do now get the “avr-g++: fatal error: no input files” when I type ‘avr-g++’ in terminal and I can compile without the ‘avr-gcc++: command not found’ error.

Now there’s the final issue which I can’t seem to resolve.
I drop the ‘Stino-ST4ArduinoIDE’ folder into the Packages folder and everything works perfectly like it should until I quit Sublime and Open it again. The next time I Open Sublime the ‘Stino-ST4ArduinoIDE’ folder disappears and most of the menu items are greyed out under the ‘Arduino’ Menu. If I drop the Stino folder in the Packages folder again it all works once again until I quit Sublime and round and round and round in circles in go.

0 Likes

Since this is pretty plugin-specific, you may have better luck asking on the plugin’s github.

0 Likes

I will definitely do that.

I want to thank you for all your help with this, your replies steered me in the right direction and I really appreciate that.

0 Likes

I think you should visit: https://github.com/Robot-Will/Stino
Stino plugin is a perfect option for sublime text. It provides Arduino IDE environment for creating, editing, compiling and uploading sketches or programs.
I am passionate about technology. I write about nature and technology regularly. Connect with me for more Blogs.

0 Likes

You can try Deviot too.
It’s based on PlatformIO and I’m constantly updating it and working on it.

0 Likes