Sublime Forum

Any way to support {{mustache anyware}}?

I have a particular problem using {{mustache}} with Sublime Text. I know there are (one or more) plugins for HTML Mustache. But I have a problem in that I might use {{mustache}} in ANY of my source files. And, so, it breaks many of the syntax formatters and checkers.

I use it for generating software configurations. That is, I create multiple differentiated apps from the same codebase, using a combination of overlay directories (i.e. substitute files from a product-specific directory, if present) as well as both text substitution and conditional inclusion using {{mustache}} tags. (Data comes from YML configuration files.)

Prior to build, there is a configuration step, where the entire project is copied to a build directory, with source files being passed through Mustache.

So - simple case - I might have, e.g.

HTML

<title>{{build.product_title}}</title>

Javascript

var title = '{{build.product_title}}';

ERB

<section class='info'>
  <%= uiBanner '{{build.product_title}}' %>
</section>

This is troublesome, though, regarding syntax highlighters, bracket highlighters, syntax checkers, etc. etc. etc.

xx-mustache (e.g. html-mustache, ruby-mustache, javascript-mustache) is obviously not a viable solution!

I realized recently that I can work-around - for conditionals - in languages that have single-line comments.

//{{#ui.shake_errors}}
  // some code here that will do something if ui.shake_errors is true
//{/ui.shake_errors}}

There are still some issues with this, because while the {{}} tags are then not seen as syntax errors, sometimes the code included inside the conditionals will create a syntax error, though those are fairly uncommon.

Is there some way to use a regex to have patterns removed prior to passing to a syntax highligher or linter or bracket highlighter, etc? (But of course, then, how do they get back IN… say in the case of a syntax highligher?)

Or is what I am doing just too strange? The thing is, it’s way useful as I regularly need to publish multiple applications from a common codebase while avoiding version drift. (All are published simultaneously.)

0 Likes

Check this out, especially the examples for “Including Other Files”. Requires a dev build.

0 Likes