Sublime Forum

Any ideas on this functionality? Open an image in an application

Any ideas on this functionality? Open an image in an application from clicking or right clicking/select ‘open in application of choice’. on the code:

For example is there a plugin, that would allow me to either click the code ‘img’ below to open that image in an application such as photoshop or similar?
Click me

Thanks,

Mark

0 Likes

Hi just notice the html wasn’t allowed in post. Basically I’m saying is there a plugin which will allow the code img tag/resource/ to be clickable and launch photoshop or similar?

Thanks

0 Likes

Have you tried searching for it? Download that, right click on a link with your mouse and select Open <URL> in the context menu.

0 Likes

thanks rwols, I’ve tried that plugin, that works for URLS but not to open an image from source straight into an application. And I can’t find a plugin that would do this?

0 Likes

There is this, but that plugin will only open files with the default application for the particular extension. I’m afraid what you’re asking is very hard to do in a cross-platform way at the moment.

0 Likes

ok well thanks for looking rwols, it was just something that I thought might be handy if there was something available. Thanks again.

0 Likes

We have integrated this into LaTeXTools into the hover preview, but only for LaTeX. It is not that hard to support a cross platform solution for all programs by moving the configuration to the settings (with reasonable default settings). However I don’t know a general solution or a solution for html.

0 Likes