Sublime Forum

A serious bug preventing me from upgrading to Sublime Text 3

I use Sublime Text mostly in my workplace under Mac OS X 10.9 to edit codes through network files (NFS).
Recently, I want to upgrade my Sublime Text 2 to Sublime Text 3, after installed tons of plugins, and configured the settings and key bindings, I discovered a serious bug which made me no choice but switch back to Sublime Text 2.

After opened some network files in Sublime Text 3 and put the Mac to sleep and wake it up, Sublime Text 3 will prompt out the reload file dialog for each network file it opened even I have not edited them and already set '“always_prompt_for_file_reload”: false’ in my user setting file.
Those network files also have not been edited by others, the modification date remain the same.
And Sublime Text 2 do not have this problem.

The bug can be reproduced through the following steps:

1. Open Sublime Text 3 with few NFS network files, do not edit them
  2. Put the Mac to sleep mode
  3. Wake up the Mac after 2 minutes
  4. Do some clicking on a network file that is already opened in Step 1 in Sublime Text 3
  5. After a while the reload file dialog “Has changed on disk.
    Do you want to reload it?” will be prompt out for each network files.

The above bug appears in Sublime Text 3 Build 3066, and I already tried “Reverting to a Freshly Installed State” (sublimetext.com/docs/3/revert.html).

Seems like Sublime Text 3 sees the network files as modified files after the Mac waked up and network is reconnected.

Because I always open nearly hundreds of network files through NFS, so it will prompt out hundreds of those dialogs, so it made me impossible to use Sublime Text 3, although I am impressed by the speed of Sublime Text 3.

Hope this bug can be solved soon.

0 Likes

Dev Build 3067