Sublime Forum

Weird <table> anomaly

I’m a newbie so apologies if my question is dumb.
I’m doing a Udemy course and I’m just following the instructions in building a very simple table. The problem I have is that one of the table rows simply won’t compile at although it’s syntactically correct.
All I want is the following as one of three tables:

This is the third identical table (copied and pasted) and the other two work just fine but in this case the is a green colour and no matter what I do it remains green and after saving, shutting down and re-opening it remains green and when I open in a browser it's not recognised. To overcome the problem, I did this:
and then built the table I want directly after it (as copied first above) and the table now works just fine but I'm left with this anomaly in the HTML.
0 Likes

Ok, so I am replying to my own question because half of what I typed as a new topic has just disappeared - it included the description of problem with Sublime Text I was describing so not very encouraging!

Is this a poor product and have I just wasted $80?

Bizarre, I went to edit the heavily redacted (by ST) original post and in the editor I can see all that I originally typed but it doesn’t appear in the forum visible version.

0 Likes

Your problem description is a little wild.

It appears you are having a problem with HTML, a markup language, and intended to ask on this forum for Sublime Text, a text and code editor, how to solve it. However, you pasted the HTML code literally into the text area, which uses Markdown (another markup language) that allows some HTML tags but strips the others.

When pasting code on the forum, you need to wrap it with three backticks on an empty line on each side, e.g.

```
<table> etc
```

Update: It looks I was fooled by my habit of going through threads in an “oldest first” order. This thread is a duplicate of

3 Likes