Sublime Forum

Trouble altering user defined key bindings

Looked at several other suggested posts, but havent find this exact issue, probably just not using the right search terms. Searched for the key bindings that let you tab out of intellisense quotes/brackets/parenthesis, everyone seemed to suggest the same fix found here in this post. Except, i have a syntax problem when i paste those key bindings. I am running build 3126. Trying to make this intellisense behave like VS. I feel kinda dumb for not being able to figure out the syntax, i can fix the first close bracket error, but not the open curly brace error, so not sure if I am doing anything right. I am a new sublime user, still trying it out, but i expect to purchase, seems pretty cool.

Screenshot of the issue

0 Likes

posts migrated from the old forum are missng [ characters - add one after "keys": and "context": and you should be good to go :slightly_smiling:

0 Likes

Awesome, that fixed it… and the tab functionality i wanted works as well.

For anyone else having the same issue, here is the amended code:

{ "keys": ["tab"], "command": "move", "args": {"by": "characters", "forward": true}, "context": [
     { "key": "setting.auto_match_enabled", "operator": "equal", "operand": true },
     { "key": "auto_complete_visible", "operator": "not_equal", "operand": true },
     { "key": "selection_empty", "operator": "equal", "operand": true, "match_all": true },
     { "key": "following_text", "operator": "regex_contains", "operand": "^(\\]|\\)|\\}|>|\\\"|'|\\;)", "match_all": true }
  ]

}

0 Likes