Sublime Forum

Thai alphabet can not show correctly

Hello thank you for you update.

Now in version 2-3, doesn’t support thai alphabet can not show correctly.
We await long time the revision fixed this problem.

other topic.

0 Likes

0 Likes

I have been using Sublime since 2015… Sublime has always been having issue with Thai alphabets. I saw some other threads claiming that the problem was solved. But it is never solved. Please please fix this issue. I have been hopping around VS code and Atom just to be able to use Thai. (btw, I am on Windows10, Sublime Text v3.1.1 build 3176).

0 Likes

Dev build 3184 should fix the issue with rendering Thai combining characters.

0 Likes

Thank you very much for the fix. As other I have been waiting for this for a long time. With Dev build 3184, there’re two bugs needed to be fix. Please see the attached image.

0 Likes

Can you open an issue at https://github.com/SublimeTextIssues/Core/issues and be sure to include the characters in the text of the issue so I may copy paste?

0 Likes

Done. Hope they could be easily fixed.

0 Likes

I’ve updated the issue with the root cause, and I’ll work on getting our grapheme detection working for that case.

1 Like

There’s also misaligning issue when there’re other language on the same line. Please see more detail on the same thread on github.

0 Likes

That, from an implementation perspective, is a completely separate issue. The first one has to do with determining grapheme boundaries, whereas that has to do with pixels returned from the OS font rendering library. If you could open a separate issue, then I’ll be able to manage them separately, which is likely how they’ll be resolved.

0 Likes

Okay will open seperate issue. What about this curson/selection issue? Should I open yet another issue for this? Thanks.

There’re also cursor placement and selection issues with combinding character. In the front where there’s no character on top, the cursor works fine. But on the right with combinding character on top, the cursor is offseting and the selection looks strange(flashing) and wrong. Please see gif file.

0 Likes

Both issues opened on github. Thank you.

0 Likes