Sublime Forum

Tag match highlighting

This has been brought up elsewhere, but I’m not sure it has its own thread yet.

I work with about four people (plus myself) who are dying to switch to Sublime from N++. The one deal-breaker feature Sublime is missing is matching tag highlighting.

That is, in HTML or XML, if the cursor is inside a , both it and the matching should be highlighted.

If Sublime gets this feature my whole office will never look back.

0 Likes

For X: improve matching and find highlighting

I join the request!

0 Likes

I like the sound of it. I’m presently working on expanding the Python API so that this sort of thing can be done via a plugin.

0 Likes

+1

would love this kind of feature.

0 Likes

+1 BUT…
with sublimators webdevelopment package you can do this which I think it’ll ease the pain of not having the tag highlight…

You can select the tag (it selects open and closing tag, then u can change it easily by just typing new tag)
You can select the tag contents (whatever is inside the tag)
You can jump to open/closing tag (this is same as ctrl+m in sublime, just for html tags)
You can select all childs of that tag and jump between them
and last but not least u can unwrap the tag, ex:

<div id="wrapper"><p>content</p></div>

if you unwrap then all u get is

content

sweet!

U can select tags with jquery selectors, (div#wrapper; div; td:odd, div>p, etc…) and more, is a sweet plugin :smile:

0 Likes

Very cool! Thanks.

0 Likes

Hi there.

A friend pointed out Sublime last night. I investigated it this morning, and would be completely sold if it had the matching tag highlighting feature. Sublime seems to correct everything I don’t like much about N++, but missing the tag highlighting is a showstopper for me.

I read in this thread that there sublimator’s WebDevelopment package adds this functionality. I’d love to try it, but I’m completely lost about how to get it installed. I don’t really understand how Sublime works under the hood.

However, I’m not opposed to reading.

Would someone be kind enough to point me in the right direction? What do I need to install/download for WebDevelopment, where do I need to put it, what do I need to change to make it work, and how do I invoke it to try it out?

Much appreciated, truly. I’m chomping at the bit, here, and have switched to Sublime for the afternoon to see how it feels.

–SC

0 Likes

SublimeTagmatcher:

0 Likes