Sublime Forum

Sublime Text Themes

So I’m new to the forum and poked around briefly and wanted to know if theres a dedicated area or popular thread where folks share their (or links to) themes and color themes and so forth. I’m pretty happy with the theme I have but always like to switch things up. Also I’m not interested in creating my own.

0 Likes

I’m currently working on a little side project. I’m still working on the design a little here, since I drew a lot inspiration from another website originally.

I’m planning on making it work similar to how Studiostyl.es works - as people have discussed in another topic, of which I can’t locate.

0 Likes

@jbrooksuk

Let me know if you’d like some help. I’m pretty good with designing.

0 Likes

[quote=“C0D312”]@jbrooksuk

Let me know if you’d like some help. I’m pretty good with designing.[/quote]

Cool! I could do with an interface mockup really :stuck_out_tongue:

0 Likes

Also it would work better if we combined our efforts with Facelessuser: Color Scheme Builder
So we’re not duplicating everything.

0 Likes

[quote=“C0D312”]Also it would work better if we combined our efforts with Facelessuser: Color Scheme Builder
So we’re not duplicating everything.[/quote]

That’s the topic I was looking for again!

How is facelessuser making his version?

0 Likes

I don’t think he has anything started yet.

0 Likes

[quote=“C0D312”]Also it would work better if we combined our efforts with Facelessuser: Color Scheme Builder

This is no big deal. Though I have a rough idea of how I would approach it, if others want to run with it, I have no problem with it. The approach I would take would simply create the “site” on the spot and would all be local. A dedicated webpage for sublime themes is a fine way to go as well. By no means am I a “web” programmer (I do web stuff as a hobby), so if more experienced web guys would like to run with this instead, I have no problem and say more power to you :smile:.

If JSON is preferred for the site, I already have a plugin that can convert the color theme PLIST to JSON and back in Package Control. I guess the site could also work directly with the PLIST as well, but I imagine JSON would be easier. My point is, you could easily run with either format and it should be easy for users to get the format you need already without having to spend time on that part.

Anyways, if this project is full steam ahead, I will hold on my work. If this project dies down, I will resume my work when I have time. I don’t mind lending a hand to help as I have time as well.

0 Likes

[quote=“jbrooksuk”]

That’s the topic I was looking for again!

How is facelessuser making his version?[/quote]

It would be a variation of the ExportHtml plugin. You could take any current code example and export it to your webbrowser as an example to modify your theme (which would be embedded in the webpage). Mousing over the code would show you the current Theme scope. You would simply click the item and a color dialog would pop up allowing you to change the color. When you are done tweaking it, you could simply press an export theme file button on the webpage.

As COD312 pointed out, I have not begun work on it, but I would leverage a lot of my code from existing projects.

Edit: But by all means, if you would like to create a dedicated site, I fully encourage it. Someone had mentioned to me that I should leverage the code from the ExportHtml plugin to allow for theme editing, and I said I might oblige them when I had some time.

0 Likes

Phew! I’m a web developer (definitely not a designer) by trade, so it’s all cool :smile:

I prefer JSON over anything going most of the time. For now I can’t see any harm in creating the output in JSON and letting your plugin do the rest of the work. At least for a first version.

[quote=“facelessuser”]
Anyways, if this project is full steam ahead, I will hold on my work. If this project dies down, I will resume my work when I have time. I don’t mind lending a hand to help as I have time as well.[/quote]

It is for tonight. It depends how much time I get, but it’s something I’m trying to pursue :smile:

0 Likes

This Komodo site might also provide some inspiration. The drop-down at the top to switch languages is cool :sunglasses:

I suppose (ideally) we want a site like this where users can preview the themes and download them, and perhaps an additional ‘Edit’ button. This would lead to a separate page to allow the editing/creation of a new theme (based on one chosen from the front page). Once edited they could then download their handiwork a-la studiostyl.es. Edited: But having just read recent posts, I realise this is a little ambitious at this stage :smiley:

If only there were an XML expert around who could create an XSLT - such that we could use/borrow/picky-back studiostyl.es and just transform their XML to a ST-theme file :smile:

0 Likes

[quote=“jbrooksuk”]
It is for tonight. It depends how much time I get, but it’s something I’m trying to pursue :smile:[/quote]

Good luck! I will keep an eye on this.

0 Likes

@facelessuser

You may recall I had this working previously. I added the scope to the HTML title attribute, and used (as I recall) a CSS-hover to apply an outline to the element. The outline is useful as it indicates the full extent of the scope. I don’t know if this suggestion might prove useful at some future point :smiley:

0 Likes