Sublime Forum

ST2 settings

Hello,

I´m using Sublime Text 2 in Windows and I would like to change any settings, if possible:

1. default document type when opening new file: default is “plain text”, can i change that to PHP?
  2. default language after starting ST2 (is possible to set different language from the system language?)
  3. theme colors: I´ve tried to change colors in C:\Users%USERNAME%\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 2\Packages\Color Scheme - Default\tvoje_používané_téma, save and restart ST2, there is no change.

Thanks.

0 Likes

1. It’s not built in, but you can use a plugin to do it. A quick search pointed to github.com/spadgos/sublime-DefaultFileType. Don’t know how well it works, but it’s a pretty simple plugin, so I wouldn’t expect any issues.
  2. Don’t know anything about language settings, so I’ll leave this to someone else.
  3. Be sure you have selected the appropriate color scheme in ST. You can check this by going to “Preferences -> Color Schemes”. Also note that a random change may not be seen. Coloring is based on scopes being applied to the text. So if you modify a color for a scope not defined in the current file, you won’t see any change.
0 Likes

skuroda:
thanks for reply.

ad 1) I´m going to try it, it seems good.
ad 3) I´m sure I edit the right file… I llok once again if I edit the color I meant I edit :smile:

I have another one point:
4) In PHP, JS, CSS, … the pair of brackets is underlined. Is it possible to set background (and color) for those brackets? Something like http://1.bp.blogspot.com/-mPUKt_jXpGE/TxiVmXwEMTI/AAAAAAAAOoI/NkBPXMcWjSg/s1600/pspad.PNG.

Thanks.

0 Likes

Be sure you are editing something obvious in the color scheme, so you know something should happen. Something obvious would be something like background color. I’d also recommend you make a copy of that color scheme in Packages/User, so it’s not accidentally overridden. Also, if you are trying to modify the color scheme to much, I’d recommend searching for an application to assist you, such as (osx|windows|linux) Color Scheme Editor (BETA).

4.) Take a look at github.com/facelessuser/BracketHighlighter

0 Likes