Sublime Forum

Sharing Snippets Company-wide

Sharing Snippets - My company does web design and I have three guys working for me. We all do the same thing and we reuse code regularly. I’m writing some snippets that not only make things faster for us, but also help maintain some consistency thru programming. I want to make my snippets automatically available to my guys, if possible.

As an aside - All of our work files are on dropbox. This way we can work on them from here or home and always have an up-to-date version.

So, I tried doing a few things.

• First, I just saved a new snippet in a dropbox folder. Didn’t work.
  • Created a dropbox folder (workSnippets) and put a shortcut to the folder in the C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 3\Packages folder. Also didn’t work.
  • Tried to figure out where I can tell Sublime to use a particular folder for snippets. This I think is the correct question, no idea where to make the change.

Here’s my current setup:

• Sublime installed D:\Program Files\Sublime Text 3
  • Apparently all of the USER settings are in C:\Users\XXXX\AppData\Roaming\Sublime Text 3\Packages

What’s interesting is that the documentation mentions a Default folder that’s supposed to be under packages, but I don’t seem to have one.

The end result is I would like us all to be able to all share ONE snippets folder so we can be sure to have access to the same snippets no matter what machine.

0 Likes

I have not tried it lately, but I think the method in this old thread will still work. Sharing Sublime Text 2 set-up on Dropbox

0 Likes