Sublime Forum

"set mark" hotkey not working

ever since the first time I installed sublime text, I never get this shortcut key “ctrl+k, ctrl+space” work to set a new mark, It works fine if I go “edit->mark->set mark”, but it’s tedious right? I’d just ignore the ‘mark’ feature if I have do this every time I want to set a new mark.

I tried install sublime text 2 and 3 both in WinXP 32 and Win7 32, but none of this help to let the shortcut key work. I installed a plugin called “findKeyConflicts”, and output all shortcut key setting to the buffer and search for “ctrl+k,ctrl+space”, only find one result which is the “set new mark”, so, seems not a conflicting key that cause the problem.

anyone met the same problem? what did I miss to solve the problem? any hint would be really appreciated!

UPDATE: also, I tried run "view.run_command(‘set_mark’) in python console, it works fine.
UPDATE: I work around this problem by simply set the key to “ctrl+k, ctrl+m”, and it works fine.
But it would be nice if we can know what’s causing the problem. I read this useful post
Shortcuts not working (Ctrl+U, Ctrl+/, etc.)
and tried set “sublime.log_input(True)” and “sublime.log_commands(True)” to see what exactly happen. And I found that sublime didn’t even capture “ctrl+space”. any idea?

–Unopoo

0 Likes