Sublime Forum

Selecting Text (HTML)

When I double click the indent of a line. I would expect that it selects only the spaces/tabs.

However Sublime Text 2 also selects the first < character, which I think is incorrect.

0 Likes

Also, when clicking a line number (line 29) to select an entire line of text, Sublime also selects the second line. This can be uncomfortable when dragging text down to the next line.

If it displayed like this

It would appear that Iā€™m selecting exactly what I asked for.

0 Likes

I have the same problem. There is also other user Word separators and selection
I think a double click in white-space should select only surrounding white-space.

About the new line issue, I think the same. I also submitted this bug to my previous editor. :smile:

0 Likes

The same rule should apply for underscores too. If I want to change the following image to a small version.

someimage_large.jpg

I would like to double click the word ā€œlargeā€ without it selecting ā€œsomeimage_largeā€

0 Likes

[quote=ā€œkabadesuā€]The same rule should apply for underscores too. If I want to change the following image to a small version.

someimage_large.jpg

I would like to double click the word ā€œlargeā€ without it selecting ā€œsomeimage_largeā€[/quote]

You could bung the underscore into the Sublime setting

// Characters that are considered to separate words "word_separators": "./\\()\"'-:,.;<>~!@#$%^&*|+=]{}`~?",
but youā€™ll need to test it as it may have other unwanted effects.

0 Likes

Thank you, that worked. Now to find an answer to the original problem :stuck_out_tongue:

0 Likes