Sublime Forum

Request to allow disabling of "Preview Tab/View"

I’d like to either have a disable for this, or an option to delay it while using the “Goto Anything” panel. When typing a search it loads many unnecessary file previews before the final result, which causes seconds of lag on my macbook (core2 2.53), interrupting workflow.

0 Likes

forum.valorsolo.com/viewtopic.ph … &view=next

… The only thing bugging me with the sidebar is if you click/right click an item it shows the files contents, this can be handy but I find it really annoying when I just want to right click and pick copy tag because I then have to go and click on the tab again…still looking for a way to turn that off …

0 Likes

[quote=“tito”]http://forum.valorsolo.com/viewtopic.php?f=20&t=364&view=next

… The only thing bugging me with the sidebar is if you click/right click an item it shows the files contents, this can be handy but I find it really annoying when I just want to right click and pick copy tag because I then have to go and click on the tab again…still looking for a way to turn that off …[/quote]

To be fair, if you add the preceding sentence, it change the context:

0 Likes

The problem is clearly “the sidebar”, there is also a mention with “single click” which has nothing to do with the mentioned package. the preceding text does adds nothing.

0 Likes

I just got this error starting up sublime, no idea what caused it or why but it had a link to this post, requesting I comment so I have commented

Confused User

0 Likes

Hey jon, What about :

"Hey Tito, I understand your frustration, I’m, thinking into “adding/not adding” this, I may can get something to solve your problem by “the end of year 2050/some weeks from now”.

??

The lack of responses into what I call a serious design flaw makes me thing to leave to some other editor.

I’ve spend a lot of time writing plugins for “your” editor, trying to help me/you/others people into having more needed features, you insist into putting time in features that package developers can build, I don’t understand your thinking.

0 Likes

[quote=“tito”]Hey jon, What about :

"Hey Tito, I understand your frustration, I’m, thinking into “adding/not adding” this, I may can get something to solve your problem by “the end of year 2050/some weeks from now”.

[/quote]

I have to agree, some sort of update in this thread about what’s being done to address this, even if the answer is “nothing, go away” would be appreciated

I also agree here, your bug is making me use vim more and more, which is what I moved away from to Sublime and I was really hoping Sublime would be a replacement for it.

0 Likes

This still bugs me every day. Sad to not hear anything here.

0 Likes

For what it’s worth, when I accidentally click on a file in the sidebar and the preview appears, I simply hit Command-W (“Close File”) and the preview closes, returning me to the tab I was looking at. This is on Mac-- I can only assume it works the same way on Windows?

0 Likes

From build 2198, there is a new setting “preview_on_click” for controlling the behaviour.

0 Likes

Doesn’t seem like this affects goto anything … :frowning:

0 Likes

If I open a file “foo.txt” and edit it and then I select a file “bar.txt” in the sidebar so that it is displayed
in the tab that has been used for “foo.txt”. The tab name still shows “foo.txt”.

And that is really annoying.

0 Likes