Sublime Forum

PyObjC and ST3?

Hi all,
A package that I’d thrown together for ST2 made light but critical use of PyObjC on OS X. But the new version of Python in Sublime Text 3 doesn’t find the module on its own on my system’s unmodified 10.8.2 Python installation. I’ve had some amateur-grade experience bundling modules with Python, but PyObjC seems like dauntingly and ridiculously complex w/r/t that sort of task (at least relative to my knowledge level). Do you all think there’s anything to be done aside from give up on the package? I’d be super-grateful for any ideas and suggestions.

0 Likes

ST3 does not use the system Python on OSX anymore and ships a bundled Python on its own. See sqlite3 module in ST3 for “hacking” around this.

0 Likes

Thanks for the pointer! Unfortunately, once I had my paths in line, PyObjC spit up “AttributeError: ‘module’ object as no attribute ‘_objc’”. And when I tried using imp to manually import the _objc.so that it was looking for, I got a “SystemError: error return without exception set”. Whereas “from Foundation import *” works fine in the interpreter. So this may just be too much of a mess to bother with. I appreciate the help, though!

0 Likes