Sublime Forum

Persian And Arabic Language Problem In Sublime Text

Hi
i am an Iranian programmer and last week i found sublime text & I just wondered why i found this program so late .
after testing sublime text i found it extremely sublime in many features but not in Persian and Arabic view.
so i create an image and attached it to this post that has any detail on it.
please look at it attentively and help me to solve the problem.

i wrote down a Persian sentence in document that you may want to test it yourself so i copy it in the line below .
این یک متن فارسی است که من نوشتم .

3 Likes

Problem with farsi language

Exact same problem with Mac - Lion, Build 2144 with Arabic text.

Any chance to have this fixed soon?

Just try pasting this text in SL:

هذا نص بالعربية

It’s like writing: “this is a text” and getting “txet a si siht”. The text is inversed.

0 Likes

I’d like to add that everything is fully supported, like searching, replacing and saving it’s just displayed wrong in the editor box.

I mean if I copy something from TextEdit and paste it into SL search it’s finding the text normally. The same thing with saving, I can save HTML documents in SL and view them correctly in the browser.

0 Likes

here i have the same problem … any steps for solving this problem?
any plugins can fix this problem?

0 Likes

[quote=“mmetwally”]here i have the same problem … any steps for solving this problem?
any plugins can fix this problem?[/quote]

No. Apparently the author isn’t intending to solve this problem at all.

0 Likes

Right to left languages are not supported in Sublime Text 2. This may change for Sublime Text 3, but that’s a long way away.

1 Like

It’s still not solved!
I have Sublime Text 3 but there’s no different with version 2!

0 Likes

• 1 for this - there really should be support for right to left languages. I’m building some things at the moment that require this functionality and the lack of this functionality is forcing me to use other editors. You guys could pick up tens of thousands of extra users by implementing a solution for this - surely it’s time with Sublime text 3!
0 Likes

+1 for this… this is something that I really need…
there are alot of phyton developers in Iran and Arab countries… also Hebrew is right to left… so I think right to left support is really needed

0 Likes

i have this problem in sublim text v3 …
pls solve this problem …

0 Likes

Hi all,
I’ve found a plugin which works nice on Sublime 2.
You can download and read the documentation in the following link:

github.com/praveenvijayan/Sublime-Text-2-BIDI

دوستان و بزرگواران پارسی زبان درود بر شما. این پلاگین نسبتاً خوبی برای حل مشکل نوشتن با حروف پارسی است.

0 Likes

This Plugin is for Arabic characters. i added Persian character. visit here https://github.com/hossein361224/Sublime-Text-2-BIDI

0 Likes

[size=150]Just vote for adding RTL Languages here…[/size]

sublimetext.userecho.com/topic/ … s-support/

[size=150]They will add it if the votes reach 600[/size]

Thanks

0 Likes

there’s an open feature request for RTL support in ST3 here:

1 Like