Sublime Forum

Keyboard-only Opening of ContextMenu in SideBar - How To?

How can I open the context menu in the SideBar using only my keyboard?
In a normal view I can use my keyboard’s menu button to open that menu, yet in the sidebar this does not work.

The only other thread I found on this forum was this one: https://forum.sublimetext.com/t/side-bar-context-menu/7891 However it did not provide any answer.

0 Likes

I believe this is currently not possible, even after giving keyboard focus to the sidebar, and would need to be implemented in a future build of ST

0 Likes

@kingkeith I bookmarked The core issue page, so can look those up in the future before posting. Really were not aware of those.

Regarding a potential workaround: Isn’t there a possibility of simulating right mouse key?
If so I offer to make a plugin which would provide everyone with suffering from the same problem with an interims solution.

0 Likes

In Windows, and some Linux desktop environments, the shortcut Shift+F10 opens the menu popup. This is a “native” method.

An alternative is to execute xdotool click 3, which simulates a right click (which, in general, opens the menu popup). This is more of a workaround. You can simply assign it to a key binding in the desktop environment, therefore yielding a rightclick via keyboard.

Both methods don’t work in Sublime Text though. This is very odd, because I think they work anywhere else; I have the suspicion that ST3 is messing around with the bindings/menus/events in an unconventional way.

0 Likes