Sublime Forum

Is it possible

IMHO It’s easier to ask on this forum than to look around.

As web developer i need this:

1. easy svn/git integration
  2. possible FTP on save upload
  3. display proper icon next to file name. If it is folder i wan there to be something like folder not just stupid arrow.

Please, would someone be so kind to tell me if those are possible and is it some straight forward configuration or nasty hacking?

p.s. prefer amd64 linux

0 Likes

In my opinion that file navigator is a bit of a crutch.
As for the other two, install Package Control wbond.net/sublime_packages/package_control
You’ll find plugins for git and ftp there.

0 Likes

GIT: github.com/kemayo/sublime-text-2-git/wiki
SVN: wbond.net/sublime_packages/svn

You can easily do this with the SFTP plugin.

This is currently not supported.

0 Likes

That last one is SO SO SO SO SO SO helpful for visually distinguishing folders, files and different types of files. Right now it’s pain in the ass for those who are willing to move from netbeans or eclipse.

I hope it will be available as an option soon. I hope this community/company would not be so “passionate” like gimp or some others stiff projects.

0 Likes

I’d like the sidebar better if it auto closed after opening your file.
It might also not be a bad idea to have a new shortcut trigger a quick panel (ctrl+e maybe) for the the project’s folder hierarchy that allows you to drill down to your file.

Having said that, I rarely use the sidebar; I use ctrl+p.
This way I don’t have to ever use the mouse which takes my hands off the keyboard.
it’s much faster.

0 Likes

[quote=“atomi”]I’d like the sidebar better if it auto closed after opening your file.
It might also not be a bad idea to have a new shortcut trigger a quick panel (ctrl+e maybe) for the the project’s folder hierarchy that allows you to drill down to your file.

Having said that, I rarely use the sidebar; I use ctrl+p.
This way I don’t have to ever use the mouse which takes my hands off the keyboard.
it’s much faster.[/quote]

To be honest, i mostly agree. I had something similar, in Borland C++ IDE. Some Chinese tool that did the same. But sometimes it is not that practical.

My other question, is it possible to set default application for opening images?

0 Likes

The SidebarEnhancements package might do what you need.

A lot of people tend to try Sublime because “all the cool people are using it” or whatever other reason and that’s just great.
But, some folks also get a bit frustrated because Sublime doesn’t have the features x or y that they are used to.
That’s alright though; it’s exactly what plugins are for.
Chances are there’s a way to get what you need in to Sublime, and at the same time keep Sublime fast and svelte for the rest of us.

IMHO of course.
-atomi

1 Like